Insurance Account Executive (Specialty Markets AIBD) -FSO -Permanent - London (CP)
Specialty Insurance - Account Executive, Markets & Business... Are you interested in developing your Business Development skills as well account management and operational skills? Would you like to develop your market knowledge &...
Specialty Insurance - Account Executive, Markets & Business Development
Are you interested in developing your Business Development skills as well account management and operational skills? Would you like to develop your market knowledge & relationships with the carriers, intermediaries and other participants in the global Specialty ecosystem?
EY is the only professional services firm with a dedicated Specialty insurance practice in the UK. The business has been built over many years and now serves almost every (re)insurer in the market, as well as larger brokers and MGAs. Over 300 EY people deliver the full range of our capabilities, working in partnership with colleagues in other specialty hubs around the world.
This focus on Specialty is at the core of our value proposition, enabling a privileged market profile that allows us to inform and influence key market developments. Our central Specialty Markets sector team is responsible for ensuring this proposition is delivered and developed, to best serve our clients and to generate business opportunities for each of the firm’s service lines; Consulting, Strategy & Transactions, Assurance and Tax.
We are proud of the emphasis we place on Diversity & Inclusion and our work to support the specialty market respond to cultural challenges of recent years. We are emphatic about the need for an inclusive business development culture and our team leads a range of internal and client initiatives to enable this.
The Account Executive role is a position in the Specialty Markets sector team and the first level of our Client Executive career path. It is a client-facing business development and account management role, focused on growing our insurance practice.
Your Key Responsibilities:
You will be working with our Specialty Insurance clients to understand their wide-ranging and complex needs.
There are three main aspects to the role.
- Business development for an individual portfolio of smaller accounts ("individual accounts”) and larger accounts ("team accounts")
- Support delivery of client engagements
- Support to the development of the wider Insurance practice
1. Business Development activities
For individual and team accounts, you will work under the direction of the Client Service Partner or Director, with responsibilities including:
- Building and maintaining knowledge of the insurance market, including key industry structures, themes, and developments
- Building and maintaining new client relationships – particularly with procurement teams and in time across broader functions and levels
- Building and maintaining a strong and active understanding of the client's business, including their operations and strategy
- Building a strong understanding of EY capabilities across each service line
- Supporting and producing responses to RFP's, proposals, and submissions to client
- Supporting the operational aspects of account management – for example service quality assessments, MI, planning and reporting
- Owning the overall rate card and associated MSA for the client
2. Delivery of Client Engagements
You may take on ad hoc delivery roles for client engagements. This may be to provide specialist insight, provide additional capability to a smaller engagement, or to build experience on a larger engagement.
3. Practice Development
You will be expected to support the wider operations and growth of the insurance practice. As an example, you will manage specific sales campaigns, including development of relevant sales collateral and presentation of this to clients.
You will own specific events such as client thought leadership and relationship events. Examples include Specialty Market Results and Functional lead Dinners/virtual roundtables and supporting our Diversity and Inclusion agenda initiatives both internally and with our clients.
To Qualify for the Role you must have:
- A strong academic background, ideally a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- This is the first level of our Client Executive career path, so we are interested in speaking to people at the earlier stages of their business development or account management careers
- You should have related work experience, ideally, in financial or professional services organisation and in an account management role
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Insurance market experience
- Business development experience
- Project Management experience
- Operational support experience
What we look for:
- Confidence to network with clients, host events and proactively contact clients who may be new relationships for EY
- A robust and resilient disposition
- Strong relationship development skills
- Commercially curious and creative
- Strong ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate operational excellence through being organised and able to juggle conflicting demands on time and prioritise effectively
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Management, Advertising / Marketing / PR
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!