UKI Assurance - Climate Change & Sustainability - Manager - Sustainability & Human Rights - London
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Today, a company’s value is increasingly reflected not just in its short-term financial performance, but also in its ability to deliver value to multiple stakeholders, including consumers, employees, governments and wider society. How organisations respond to global challenges such as climate change and inequality are critical in how they deliver and demonstrate value to stakeholders.
The Climate Change and Sustainability Services team are looking for a Manager to join our growing practice supporting a wide range of clients in responding to the fast-evolving and growing sustainability and human rights agenda. We work closely with companies to help them manage the risks and opportunities that arise from an accelerating transition to a sustainable world, responding to new and/or enhanced regulations, adapting business models, products and services, as well as improving transparency and disclosures. This is a very exciting time to join a high-profile team where you will be surrounded by a wide range of sustainability and climate specialists.
We welcome applicants with a variety of backgrounds and experience in the fields of sustainability and human rights and are particularly interested in candidates who can demonstrate knowledge of human rights and modern slavery due diligence and risk assessment approaches for business as well as regulatory requirements related to social and human rights disclosures for business.
Your key responsibilities
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with many of the world’s largest and most influential companies across industries and sectors. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading client projects, where you will be expected to contribute both deep subject matter expertise in sustainability and human rights / social impact as well as building strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders alike. As an influential member of the team, you will help create a positive and proactive learning culture and will undertake coaching with team members to help them develop.
As a Manager in the team you can expect to be involved in some of the following activities:
- Lead client projects, provide subject matter expertise and ensure quality work is produced and delivered to clients
- Manage commercial aspects of client projects such as budgeting, adhere to EY’s risk management policies and procedures, and communicate progress and escalate any significant issues to partners and clients
- Assist with generating new business opportunities, industry networks and relationships with a focus on social and human rights agendas
- Build strong internal relationships within EY, including cross-service interactions with EY’s Global Sustainability and Human Rights network
- Contribute to and help shape the team’s development through recruitment activities, coaching, mentoring, and training
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to clearly define and communicate complex and evolving sustainability and in particular social and human rights topics to a range of stakeholders across different industries and sectors
- Proven ability to effectively manage and motivate large multi-disciplinary and diverse teams
- Confident and credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge, commercial understanding and emotional maturity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with managing expectation of both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and appetite to drive business development and contribute to the growth of EY’s solutions
To succeed in the role, you will ideally have experience/qualifications in some of the areas below:
Ideally the candidate would be able to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- A deep understanding of and experience in human rights and modern slavery for business international standards, frameworks, policy and legislation (such as the UNGPs, ILO Standards, OECD Guidelines for Business and Human Rights, UK Modern Slavery Act, EU Taxonomy Minimum Social Safeguards etc)
- At least 5-6 years’ experience in the field of business and human rights either in a consulting or industry role where you were involved in the strategy development, design and implementation of business human rights due diligence programmes and approaches
- Compliance assessments against sustainability and human rights / modern slavery legislation and standards (such as UN Global Compact, UK Modern Slavery Act etc)
- Developing and running / facilitating company human rights and modern slavery training
- Running social and human rights and labour standard audits
- Human rights company risk assessments including supply chain risk assessments including the analysis and interpretation of large datasets
- Sustainability and human rights / social -related disclosure standards/guidance such as GRI, CSRD, UK Modern Slavery Act statements amongst others
- Experience communicating with senior management on a range of sustainability, ESG, human rights, social and risk management topics
- Experience developing and leading successful research or commercial bids
- Strong academic background in areas such as social science, sustainable development, human rights, economics, public policy – amongst others
What we look for
We are interested in hearing from people who are enthusiastic and have a passion for sustainability! You’ll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication and relationship-building skills.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!