Retail Management Degree Apprenticeship Scheme in Worcester
Making a success of your career with Dunelm is simple once you understand our business principles. These are principles, not rules, so there’s plenty of freedom to express them in your own way.
On the hunt for a Degree Apprenticeship that’s challenging, exciting – and as unique as you are? Our Retail Management Degree Apprenticeship Scheme could be just what you’re after. You’ll earn, whilst you learn and with some hard work achieve a degree which will be fully funded by Dunelm.
We’ve some big goals for the future. To hit those goals, we’ve a long-term plan and plenty of planned investment. That means all our Degree Apprentices will find themselves right at the heart of an exciting, fast-moving business with a truly ambitious strategy.
Our Retail Management Degree Apprenticeship Scheme is a fast-track development programme designed to give you all the tools that you need to begin your career in Retail and progress to becoming a member of the management team in one of our stores. Here at Dunelm, we are passionate about watching our colleagues grow, that’s why internal progression has an integral part to play in all our colleagues’ development. The 4-year programme will make sure you’re challenged, supported, and will give you plenty of room to grow. You will be buddied up with capable mentors, who were once in your shoes, so feel confident that you will learn from the best!
Over the 4-years, you will learn and experience every aspect of working in a store as a valued member of the team and to understand how to provide the best for our customers. You will work towards becoming a Store Coach (Manager) by the end of the programme. Alongside this, you will be enrolled at Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) to study the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship on a part time basis whilst working in a Dunelm store.
The finer details…
- You’ll start as a Sales Assistant (Year 1) being fast-tracked to a Team Leader (Years 2 & 3) where you will learn the foundations of process and people Management and then on to the Store Management team (Year 4)
- There are 25 days of classroom learning at MMU organised into 2 day blocks every 3 or 4 weeks
- You will receive support on the job from your Dunelm team, Line Manager and dedicated L&D team. In addition, you’ll receive dedicated support from the MMU team.
- As well as lectures on campus, you’ll complete projects relevant to Dunelm which will count towards your final degree.
- All successful graduates are awarded a BA (Hons) Business Management Professional degree from MMU, as well as a Level 6 degree apprenticeship.
All we ask is that you fulfil the entry requirements below;
- Ideally, previous experience of working within a fast-paced retail, service or hospitality environment
- Be 18 or older – for university entry requirement purposes
- Have the right of abode and right to work in the UK
- A minimum of 104 UCAS Points (Grades BCC) or an equivalent (eg BTEC DMM)
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language (grade A*-C / 9-4) or equivalent – or must complete Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications alongside the apprenticeship.
Please note: We will evaluate any applicants who do not have the relevant qualifications, but do have relevant workplace experience.
The benefits you’ll receive;
- A competitive salary where you will earn whilst you learn
- A fully funded degree – there is no cost to you whatsoever
- Fully funded study leave for 6 hours per week
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Birthday day off and house moving day off
- Contribution to the pension scheme
- Colleague discount and access to discounts with multiple retailers
- Sharesave scheme
Apply now through our careers website –
Find out all about our business and the role you’re applying for on our website. Or better still why not pop into a local store and speak to one of our friendly and helpful team?
After applying via our careers website and going through a selection process, you will be called by a member of the recruitment team for a chat about you, your experience and why you want to work for Dunelm.
Then you’ll go on to be invited to our Recruitment Assessment Day that will be held in your local area. This will include a 1 to 1 interview, a task to be completed before the day to present back and a group exercise.
Like what you’ve read? Then do your research, update your CV and, once you’re ready, hit the button.
Dunelm is committed to becoming a fully inclusive business that is representative of our customers and locations. We recognise the value in diversity and welcome applications from all candidates regardless of sex, age, race, religion, ability, gender or sexual identity, socio-economic background or education. We are committed to making Dunelm a place where everyone can enjoy a successful career and have systems in place to support all our staff. We are seeking applications from candidates who share our values and celebrate diversity in all its forms.
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!