PR and Media Relations Manager - Permanent - UK wide in London
PR and Media Relations Manager – Permanent – UK... Assistant... The opportunity: Our vision is to become the most trusted and distinctive professional services organisation and to double the size of our business by...
PR and Media Relations Manager – Permanent – UK wide
Our vision is to become the most trusted and distinctive professional services organisation and to double the size of our business by 2025.
As a Manager in the UK PR and Media Relations team, you will play a key role in helping to achieve this objective by developing and implementing proactive PR campaigns that enhance and protect EY’s reputation in the media and with key external stakeholders.
You will act as an advisor to senior Partners in the UK, working collaboratively with colleagues from across Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) function to build campaigns that support the firm’s strategy.
The anticipated portfolio for this role includes PR responsibility for EY’s Talent and People profile, positioning EY as a diverse, inclusive and equitable employer of choice. Portfolios in the team rotate periodically, in discussion with the UK Head of Public Relations and Media Relations.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the PR and media relations strategy around key narratives that support the firm’s BMC Strategy and defined areas of EY’s UK business.
- Work collaboratively with BMC colleagues to build compelling campaigns that reach a broad range of stakeholders, maximising the PR and external affairs opportunities by using a wide range of PR and external comms tactics.
- Develop strong relationships with key senior EY stakeholders, providing counsel and advice on communications strategy.
- Contribute to an inclusive and high performing PR and Media Relations functions.
- Build and maintain effective journalist relationships to support EY’s BMC strategy and manage risks.
- Portfolios in the team rotate periodically, in discussion with the UK Head of PR and Media Relations.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Experience of working with and influencing senior executives / leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail self-motivated, proactive and ambitious for the team and the brand.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks at one time
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Proven experience of creating and executing external communications strategies that support business objectives.
- Experience of working with a broad range of stakeholders, contributing to integrated communications and marketing campaigns.
- The intellectual rigour and creativity to work with complex and sometimes technical subject matter.
- A thorough understanding of PR and media relations strategies, including experience of using social media as part of integrated communications campaigns.
- Proven ability of forming strong and effective working relationships with journalists and other external influencers.
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of media relations and corporate communications for large and complex organisations.
- Experience stakeholder management as part of wider communications campaigns.
What we look for:
- A skilled and highly motivated external communications specialist with the ability to manage and execute PR and media relations strategies.
- Experience in B2B communications preferred.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Management, Advertising / Marketing / PR
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!