Home working with occasional travel to site
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 20nn and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Technical Specialists to join HSBC Technology.
The role of the CICS Technical Specialist is to work with the Customer Information Control System (CICS) software product on IBM mainframe having strong technical expertise and eagerness to work with new technology and infrastructure. You must have worked on several large complex projects in a CICS Technical role designing and implementing technical solutions to commercial problems.
What you will bring to the role;
- Good working knowledge of the SMP/E utility to install software on the mainframe and provide evidence of your problem analysis and determination skills
- CICS Systems software installation, administration, maintenance, resource definitions and support
- CICS Production Support including out of hours troubleshooting support
- Providing technical assistance to Developers and Application Support Teams
- Project manage the delivery of services by other internal/external teams
- Design and develop new hardware and software technology solutions
- Lead and direct problem investigation and recovery in complex situations