Deputy Store Manager in London
Making a success of your career with Dunelm is simple once you understand our business principles. These are principles, not rules, so there’s plenty of freedom to express them in your own way.
Salary - £30,000 - £35,000
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Retail Management team as a Deputy Store Coach working in the South London Area. As a Deputy Store Coach you will looking after all stock processes and commercial activities in the store you are based in.
Find your happy place:
Our colleagues are our foundations; a wonderful team of people at the heart of our stores. With customer focus the number one priority, our Sales Assistants and Management teams are the first point of call for lending a helping hand and are always interacting with customers, ensuring they leave with exactly what they want and a positive lasting impression.
As a Deputy Store Coach you will be responsible for commercially driving the store forward through strong stock controls and product availability, planning and execution of campaigns and most important of all, ensuring our customers receive an amazing shopping experience.
Deputy Store Coach Responsibilities
- Trading the store to ensure strong sales growth through the completion of key weekly activities such as merchandising the store and ensuring campaigns are completed within timescales provided
- Ensuring customers have a great shopping experience through product recovery and updated POS and pricing
- Engrain stock routines into all colleagues to ensure high stock integrity and warehouse procedures
- Lead by example and create an excellent culture and working environment for your team through great colleague engagement
- Manage a team of around 30 and direct line management of 3 Team Leaders
- Assist the Store Coach day-to-day and take full responsibility for all aspects of running a successful store in their absence
- Previous management experience, preferably in a retail environment where you’ve needed to be commercially driven and taken a hands-on approach in day to day activity
- Part time working days can be flexible but ideally working on Monday, Friday and Saturday or Sunday.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in developing business performance and exceeding KPIs, whilst also delivering the highest levels of store standards
- A passion for stock management
- A passion for delighting your customers by ensuring an unrivalled shopping experience
- A team player, able to communicate effectively and build high performing and highly engaged teams
What’s in it for you?
· Holiday entitlement of 28 days.
· Days off so you can celebrate your Birthday and also when you move ‘Home’ so you can get settled in.
· Family leave – Maternity and paternity leave.
· A cool 15% discount on all Dunelm products, in-store and online to help make your house a 'Home'.
· Amazing Internal colleague network groups where our colleagues are empowered to create environments where everyone can feel at Home and communicate.
· Contribution to your pension scheme for the twilight years.
· Fantastic sharesave option where colleagues can buy Dunelm shares on a monthly basis at a discounted rate to build up an investment for that rainy day.
· Cycle to work scheme to help keep colleagues fit and help with air pollution, travel costs, tax and national insurance.
· Continuous training and ongoing coaching so colleagues feel confident and in control of their role.
· A caring and diverse colleague wellbeing support which includes access to our colleague financial support fund, an online medical GP and counselling support which is provided by our partnership with Retail Trust.
· Tonnes of genuine career opportunities and the support to grow your career through the business as each individual colleague wishes to.
And many many more… plus!!... discounts and cashback from restaurants, cinema, hotels and fashion retailers!!
Dunelm is committed to becoming a fully inclusive business that is representative of our customers and locations. We recognise the value in diversity and welcome applications from all candidates regardless of sex, age, race, religion, ability, gender or sexual identity, socio-economic background or education. We are committed to making Dunelm a place where everyone can enjoy a successful career and have systems in place to support all our staff. We are seeking applications from candidates who share our values and celebrate diversity in all its forms.
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!