Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist in Stoke-On-Trent
... As a Speech and Language Therapist, you change lives for the better. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic HCPC registered Speech and Language therapist to join the therapy team at...
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you change lives for the better. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic HCPC registered Speech and Language therapist to join the therapy team at Adderley Green in Stoke-On-Trent.
Adderley Green is a neurological entre that provides specialist care and rehabilitation to residents with a wide range of neurological conditions You will be working across the units within Adderley Green, which contain a range of progressive conditions, acquired brain injuries, tracheostomy care and complex elderly care.
With a strong emphasis on teamwork, you’ll receive support from a regional network of healthcare professionals and enjoy access to a variety of online and CPD training courses to support you reach your career goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To provide assessment, diagnosis and appropriate speech and language therapy intervention for people referred to the service
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge in communication and swallowing disorders
- Contribute to the assessment and information-gathering regarding service users’ mental capacity and ability to give informed consent
- Assist service user's to maximise their independence in decision-making and communicating their wishes
To be successful in this role:
- Relative Speech and Language degree
- Previous experience in Speech and Language therapy
- Up to date knowledge of Speech and Language
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £27,055 - £32,934 (DOE) + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!