Consultant Clinical Psychologist in Stoke-on-Trent
... We are seeking an experienced Consultant Clinical Psychologist or Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist to support the team at Adderley Green Neurological Centre in Stoke-on-Trent. You will be able to demonstrate...
We are seeking an experienced Consultant Clinical Psychologist or Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist to support the team at Adderley Green Neurological Centre in Stoke-on-Trent. You will be able to demonstrate specialist and highly developed knowledge of therapeutic models, assessment methods, the legal system and relevant national guidance specific to Acquired Brain Injury (ABI).
You will provide highly specialist assessment and treatment for patients, as well as directing the caseload of Assistant Psychologists and supporting the work of other professionals at the service. You will also play a role as a member of the Senior Management Team of the service, with involvement in clinical governance and strategic development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To take responsibility in leading and overseeing the specialised psychological assessment and therapy programme in operation at the service
- To manage all other members of the Psychology profession employed within the service
- To provide specialist psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to resident’s formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan. To provide expertise, advice and support to facilitate the effective and appropriate provision of psychological treatments by other members of the transdisciplinary team.
- Contributing to other specialised assessments as required, including of risk and capacity, and to provide advice to other professions on psychological aspects of risk assessment and risk management.
- Actively engage in and contribute to appropriate local and national networks and with other stakeholders to raise the profile of Adderley Green Neurological Centre and Elysium Neurological. A key function of the post is forming positive relationships with commissioners of ABI services, and in assessing suitability of referrals made to the service quickly, efficiently and helpfully.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Directors, to ensure all non-medical therapeutic approaches are underpinned by an appropriate conceptual model, have an empirical evidence base, and that their effectiveness is measured.
- To routinely monitor service level clinical outcome measures to make certain that the service is a centre of clinical excellence, and where necessary identify areas for continual improvement in the quality of the therapeutic programme.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- To be registered as a Clinical Psychologist with the HCPC.
- A BPS accredited and HCPC approved Doctorate in Clinical Psychology or equivalent.
- Chartered Member of the BPS.
- Enrolled on the BPS Specialist Register of Clinical Neuropsychologists or interested in working towards this.
- Evidence of continued innovative practice through peer endorsement (journal papers, book chapters, speaker at national/international conference platforms).
- Management experience including leadership of teams.
- Evidence of engagement in ABI networks.
What you will get
- Annual salary of £80,000 + Benefits
- Competitive annual leave entitlement – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Flexible working opportunities
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care.
Each and every employee is valued and supported, as everyone has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from staff that excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users can be delivered.
With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!