Catering Assistant in Leeds
... It's not very often the words ‘catering assistant’ and ‘social life’ go together, but this time they do. With this job, you will not work evenings and will not be under heavy pressure and stress. You will work 37...
It's not very often the words ‘catering assistant’ and ‘social life’ go together, but this time they do. With this job, you will not work evenings and will not be under heavy pressure and stress.
You will work 37.5 hours a week as you join the established kitchen team at Spring Wood Lodge. Reporting to the Head Chef, you will support the chefs to prepare meals, maintain a clean and safe working environment, and assist with deliveries.
It’s a calm and pleasurable working environment, where you’ll be able to manage your workload and develop your career. There’s a great social aspect to this role where you can interact with people outside the kitchen regularly.
Just imagine… home in time for dinner every night. And not stressed to the hilt.
- Prepare and present meals and snacks in line with calorie specifications outlined in the calorie chart
- To work with the Head Chef to plan a well-balanced, healthy and fresh menu
- Ensure that suitable alternatives are available to accommodate people with allergies and dietary requests
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Relevant Catering Qualification
- Basic Food Hygiene Level 2, numeracy and literacy skills
- An appreciation of basic food hygiene
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £20,378
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals & parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts, special offers and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!