Social Worker in Exeter
... Are you a Social Worker looking to join a company that values and recognises you? If so, join the team at Elysium Wellesley Hospital in Wellington, Somerset and be the reason why lives change for the...
Are you a Social Worker looking to join a company that values and recognises you? If so, join the team at Elysium Wellesley Hospital in Wellington, Somerset and be the reason why lives change for the better. You will help some of the most vulnerable people.
Working 37.5 hours a week alongside the multidisciplinary team at Wellesley Hospital in Wellington providing care to men and women with mental health conditions in a modern and purpose-built hospital with low and medium secure environments.
Wellesley Hospital is conveniently located near Wellington, close to the M5 and commutable from Taunton, Exeter, Yeovil and surrounding areas.
With previous experience from the NHS, Council or Private Care, you will manage a complex caseload where you will be responsible for social care assessments, risk assessments, facilitate group activities, and will contribute to ICR meetings, supporting service users to make viable plans for their future. Your caseload will be a maximum of 30 patients at any given time but no more.
You will build individual rapports to support people to engage in their treatment plans and to build a brighter future. You will collate information relating to service users and their care plans.
A range of training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and you achieve your career aspirations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for managing a complex case load which will require working with people who have mental health problems, learning disabilities and who may offend. This will include more vulnerable service users with particularly complex problems
- Working in a multi-disciplinary setting, supporting all disciplines
- Completing ongoing comprehensive social care assessments and reports as required from the pre-admission to discharge stage in relation to service users’ needs, risk assessment and risk management including child protection, welfare issues, and the appropriateness of potential placement incorporating views of family, relevant carers, home area agencies and those of the victim if available
- Liaising with the home authorities at the point of admission and maintaining this liaison function through to the discharge stage
- Attendance at clinical team meetings, conferences, CPA and CTR reviews
- Collaborating with the home authorities, service users and ensuring that their families are involved in decision making/care planning process where possible
- Maintaining appropriate electronic and integrated files and records of work undertaken and completing required administrative procedures
- Prepare reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals, appeals to MH Act Independent Hospital Managers and attending hearings.
- Taking a lead role in respect of child visiting direction, guidance and liaison with child protection agencies operating within the practice and principles set out in government guidance
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Experience working with a similar client group
- CQSW or CSS or Dip, SW,(e), Degree in Social Work
- AMHP, MSc Social Work
- Desirable experience working with in a mental health hospital setting
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £35,000 - £42,000pa + Benefits
- £3,600 welcome bonus
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!