Registered Veterinary Nurse in Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business.
Full-time, £22,000 - £28,000
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Established by Pets at Home in 2006, The Pets at Home Foundation is a registered charity. We believe that every pet deserves a loving forever home, and are the UK’s largest small-mammal rehoming organisation.
Would you like to use your skills to help create a better world for pets? Due to internal promotion, an exciting opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse has become available to support our adoption centres inside Pets at Home stores across the UK.
You’ll be managing your own caseload, offering guidance to our store colleagues and vets around the treatment of unwell adoption pets in-store. Reporting into our Community Team Lead, you will oversee the rehoming of our adoption pets. You’ll educate the store colleagues and vet teams about correct processes and provide treatment authorisations. The neutering voucher platform will also be under your remit. As a confident Excel user, you’ll analyse our vet bills and adoption statistics and report on these on a regular basis.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Following our pet care protocols, supporting with the care of our adoption pets by liaising with the store teams and vet teams, logging cases, and authorising treatments.
- Communicating with vet teams about correct charges and set fees.
- Analysis of our vet billing and adoption centre data, and reporting of this.
- Providing support to stores and practices around accounts and billing.
- Monitoring our Welfare inbox and responding to queries.
- Issuing isolation reference numbers and keeping track of these cases.
- Ensure the charity is kept up to date with any legislative changes and the latest welfare standards.
- Overseeing, updating, and supporting all aspects of the neutering voucher platform.
- Responding to customer enquiries and complaints regarding our adoption pets.
- Working alongside our Communications Coordinator to create veterinary content for our social media channels.
- Supporting with occasional visits to UK pet rescues to support our Grant Team.
- Other duties as required to support the Community Team Lead and the wider Charity Team.
You will be:
- A Registered Veterinary Nurse with at least 2 years of qualified experience
- Confident in small mammal husbandry, their common illnesses and treatments
- In possession of a clean driving licence
- Competent in the use of Excel and data management
- Confident in managing your own workload
- Based in the Northwest of England
- Familiar with the work of the Pets at Home Foundation
- Confident in producing reports using PowerPoint
- Certificate in small mammals
- Experience of working in exotic referral
- In-depth knowledge of the pet rescue sector
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of shelter medicine #L
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 23-01-2023
Expiry Date: 28-01-2023
- Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!