Group Infrastructure Engineer in Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF Hybrid with office based working from our Handforth (Cheshire) Support Office for 1 to 2 days a week
The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business.
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Hybrid with office based working from our Handforth (Cheshire) Support Office for 1 to 2 days a week
At Pets at Home Group we’re constantly adapting to transform pet care. Our transformation programme is shaping, building and delivering our next generation holistic pet care service. Our goal is a fully personalised customer experience that integrates pet care across store, multi-channel and vets to deliver a seamless service. The ambition, scale and variety of our work sets us apart, and we’re backed by unprecedented investment.
About the Role
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you’ll work within the Group Infrastructure team and focus on cloud technologies (Azure & AWS).
This will include:
- Support and Maintain – Day to day management, maintenance and configuration of the Azure platform.
- Supplier engagement including support and billing
- Design and best practices
- Documentation and monitoring
- 3rd line support – Shift left
- Project delivery
- Client and Server End Point Management
Further responsibilities will include:
- To be the primary contact for support of the Azure platforms.
- Act as a point of contact for any issues, incidents or problems
- Understand all aspects of the configuration and technical / functional capabilities.
- Ensure all issues and incidents are managed and where necessary include the wider Group IT teams.
- Prepare run and test and reports that ensure the health of the platform
- Ensure the Organisation is making full use of its capabilities through process automation.
- Working with or infrastructure, Operations and Data Team to implement monitoring to ensure issues are spotted and managed pro-actively
- Manage client and server end points
- Manage 3rd party relationship with to ensure suppliers are meeting and exceeding their SLAs in relation to provision of the service.
- Complete regular internal system audits
- Understand capacity and run costs associated with the environments.
- Work with the Implementation teams
- Engage and build relationships with external 3rd party support partners as needed for system maintenance/support/troubleshooting
- Work collaboratively with other teams across the Group IT
About your experience
- Be an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who has achieved both the Microsoft Azure Administrator and Microsoft 365 Certified certifications.
- Have a background of owning complex AD installations that includes design, backup, upgardes, simplification and management.
- Have experience with Azure AD (including MFA) is essential and you’ll have previously supported and developed Azure and/or AWS.
- Have at least 5 year’s experience at a similar level
Other key experience includes;
- Experience of creating documentation, including high level diagrams
- Supplier Management
- 3rd Line Support
- Windows server (2008-2019)
- Powershell – user management
- Cloud billing/monitoring
- Devops + sysops (Cloud)
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our offer
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
We have adopted a hybrid working model and would require you to attend our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire) a minimum of once per month.
Headline benefits include;
- Annual bonus potential of 10% of salary
- Annual leave entitlement of 36 days (including bank holidays) rising to 38 after two years of employment
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Healthcare contribution
- Restricted stock plan potential of £500 annually
- Life assurance x 4
- Company pension contribution of 6.5%
- Colleague discount of 20% across our family of businesses (Pets at Home, Groom Room and Vets)
- Sharesave scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 17-01-2023
Expiry Date: 18-02-2023
- Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF Hybrid with office based working from our Handforth (Cheshire) Support Office for 1 to 2 days a week
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!