Layout Coordinator in Stoke-on-Trent
The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business.
Full-time, £26,250 - £26,250
Salary: £26,250 - £26,250
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Shifts: Tues - Sat 6-2 & 2-10 rotational
We are getting ready to move to our new home in Stafford, with this move it creates an opportunity for a Lay Out Coordinator to join our growing Stock Control Team
As a Layout Co-Ordinator must have a high level of commitment to previous roles, taking ownership and ensuring excellence in service delivery. You will plan and carry out warehouse relays and demonstrate the ability to identify products that are causing issues to the operation or our store network with the aim to resolve and improve areas of the Fulfilment Centre
This exciting opportunity would suit a forward-thinking individual, who has experience within a warehouse and has strong knowledge of what good looks like for picking and replenishment.
- Identify new lines and setting them up within the JDA system in a location best suitable for accurate and efficient pick and replenishment.
- Ensure that product setup is completed accurately and efficiently within JDA to ensure allocation and picking is not impacted.
- Relocation of existing products to improve layout taking into consideration store friendly pick, pallet build and stability, pick velocity, replenishment speed and damage reduction.
- Communication and building relationships with key Support Office departments to ensure all areas of supply chain are controlled in the most efficient manner
- Work with Warehouse Colleagues to gain a strong knowledge of their requirements regarding layout to assist in picking / replenishing effectively
- Work with the Stock Manager / FLM’S to produce, plan and execute all layout improvements in a manner that does not impact the operation or our store network
- Identify and monitor products that are no longer ranged or approaching the end of their range and discuss with the Supply team on the best and quickest way to push the remaining stock to stores
- Feedback to Warehouse colleagues on what changes are planned, giving positive and well thought out responses to their questions and concerns
- Produce daily / weekly statistics on product set up to help with future planning
- Monitor and action HEAT maps to maximize efficiency across the Fulfilment Centre (slow and fast moving lines)
- Support Stock FLM and Stock Team on all areas of Stock Control duties
- Identify and support continuous improvement initiatives
What you'll bring with you
- Excellent planning skills.
- Skilled in analysis of data and the ability to visualize operational impact when moving products
- Competent IT skills – including Microsoft Excel / Word with the ability to design and write reports
- WHM systems knowledge and skill base
- Influencing and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Results driven
- Creative, resourceful, and able to work under pressure
- Forward thinking with a customer centric focus
- Flexible in approach to work
- A team player within the wider business
What you’ll get in Return:
- Attractive rates of pay
- Holidays – 28 days including bank holidays, rising to 33 days after two years’ service
- An extra day’s holiday when it’s your birthday
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Personal Health Insurance scheme (if in Pension Scheme)
- Life assurance: 4 x salary
- 20% Pets at Home discount scheme after 12 weeks service
- Pets at Home “Treats” voluntary benefits package
We’re not just another retailer. So, this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home.
But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
Along the way, they get to enjoy all the training and development they need to succeed. Plus a comfortable, dynamic working environment that also has computer workspaces, communication zones and our own canteen.
Our colleagues live and breathe the Pets at Home values, bringing them to work every day to deliver for our customers. The teams within our distribution centres play a vital role by ensuring our stores are stocked with exactly what they need, when they need it.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 17-01-2023
Expiry Date: 01-02-2023
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!