UKFS Early Careers Manager - Assistant Director - 12-month FTC - UK Wide in London
Location: Role can be based out of any EY UK office (Travel to London will be required for team meetings as requested)
Please note this role is a 12 month FTC opportunity.
The Early Careers Manager works as part of the UKFS Consulting Early Careers team supporting the strategy, development and delivery of our entry level talent programmes (Graduates, Apprentices and Interns). While this role primarily focuses on UKFS Consulting, the Early Careers team also provide onboarding and induction support for industrial placement interns and graduates joining UKFS PAS Workforce Advisory, Extended Assurance and Markets/AIBD. The UKFS Consulting Early Careers team are part of the wider UKFS Consulting Operations function.
Reports to: UKFS Consulting Early Careers Lead & UKFS Consulting Early Careers Partner Sponsor
Your key responsibilities:
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Work closely with the Student Talent Attraction & Acquisition team to ensure successful fulfilment of annual hiring plan (against both volume and diversity aspirations).
- Oversee delivery of all onboarding activities and provide best in-class new joiner experiences and development of pre-joiner welcome packs/collateral.
- Lead the development and delivery of all Early Careers induction events including the Summer Internship & Industrial Placement Programmes and Graduate & Apprentice intakes.
Experiences & Development
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with Early Careers Competency Sponsors and Champions to drive consistent experiences across all business areas.
- Oversee delivery of bi-annual Early Careers secondment process, ensuring compliance with People Operations & Talent processes.
- Maintain relationship with service line Talent Development and Professional Qualifications team to support and influence development of Early Careers learning curriculum and learning policies.
Community & Belonging
- Responsible for developing and executing the Early Careers internal communications and engagement plan including SharePoint updates.
- Oversee development and analysis of annual Early Careers survey, informing recommendations and areas for continuous improvement across our Early Careers programmes.
- Support Early Careers team general admin responsibilities i.e. monitoring shared mailbox, informal coaching/participant catch ups, updating programme participant data etc.
- Partner with business stakeholders and Talent team on LEAD processes, including support with consistent application of performance management processes across the Early Careers population.
- Advise Early Careers Sponsors/CCG Leaders (CCGLs) on Early Careers best practice, policies and processes. Support CCGLs with performance management cases/capability process as co-chair as required.
- Manage annual Senior Consultant promotion readiness process including confirmation of demand with Competency Team Leads, hosting of promotion readiness briefings.
- Support the Consulting Early Careers Lead in the creation and development of new processes/better ways of working.
- Contribute to and be involved in projects and initiatives across the wider UKFS Consulting Operations function.
- Support the UKFS Consulting People Operations team when required.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A personal passion and commitment to inspire and foster a sense of belonging among our Early Careers population and be a strong advocate of coaching and development.
- Ability and experience of influencing, engaging and managing senior stakeholders with multiple agendas/priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including confidence in public speaking and presenting to large audiences.
- Experiencing of leading and motivating others (both direct and indirect reports), with an emphasis on coaching and development.
- Strong business acumen and a commercial mindset. Proven ability to be creative and resourceful with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all the CBS functions and with the wider business.
- High proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Relevant experience gained in Early Careers programme management, Recruitment, HR or Talent Development.
- Understanding of the Financial Services and/or Consulting industry
What we offer:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Management, Advertising / Marketing / PR
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!