Proposition Lead in Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business.
Full-time, £50,000 - £60,000
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in a sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
We have an excellent position of trust with the nation’s pet owners and provide an unrivalled range of products and services including nutrition, health, play, essentials, and grooming.
The business is going through an exciting time, and we have a number of new roles in our expanding Propositions team to help create and shape the future consumer offer for Pets at Home across a number of strategic areas incorporating all of the products and services that we offer.
About the Role
We are looking for a Proposition Lead to work out of our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire), and we can offer hybrid working from this location.
As a Proposition Lead, you’ll be responsible for defining specific customer propositions, from in-depth understanding of trending consumer behaviour and emerging opportunities, to innovating and improving service delivery.
We’re looking for talented individuals who are fanatical about developing and delivering consumer centred solutions that are innovative and truly differentiate our offer as the leading Pet Care business in the UK.
Join a likeminded team of propositions and product creators that are as excited as you are to conceive and deliver wonderful solutions that will delight our consumers.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Establishing the research needs to support proposition development and working with the wider Insights team to deliver specific solutions against these
- Developing the methodology for assessing different propositions and evaluation of potential commercial outcomes
- Identifying specific new proposition opportunities and working with aligned stakeholder teams on business cases, including modelling commercial assumptions
- Collaborating with wider group teams to share learnings and identify further opportunities
- Preparing and presenting reports, covering detailed assessments of new business opportunities to inform the business at all levels
- Acting in the role of champion and architect for portfolio propositions to co-ordinate aligned stakeholder activities, ensuring full understanding, and delivering seamless implementation
You’ll have demonstrable experience of developing and launching new business propositions within a product or service provision environment, and a background of doing so within a healthcare, consumer service or financial services business will be advantageous.
Experience of working across digital platforms, virtual services, and physical channels will be key to success and you’ll also possess a strong commercial acumen with robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
You will be proactive, a self-starter with a drive to innovate and challenge the status quo.
Further key experience/attributes include;
- Proven experience of articulating risks, issues and impacts to influence decision making
- The ability to quickly assimilate business knowledge and understand business complexity and interdependencies
- The ability to form meaningful and effective networks to influence across multi-disciplinary teams
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Good listening and interpersonal skills, able to deal productively with conflicting views and ambiguity
- The ability to manage multiple priorities, prioritise correctly and deliver against deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 02-03-2023
Expiry Date: 11-03-2023
- Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!