Instructional Designer, Learning Lab, People Advisory Services - Belfast
UK Learning Lab – Instructional... Powered by technology, EY Lane4 puts humans at the centre of business transformation. EY Lane4 takes people beyond performance, giving them the skills and mindset to achieve things they never...
UK Learning Lab – Instructional Designer
Powered by technology, EY Lane4 puts humans at the centre of business transformation. EY Lane4 takes people beyond performance, giving them the skills and mindset to achieve things they never thought were possible.
Our people bring a wealth of experience from performing at the highest level from elite sport, the military, the arts and business. We believe that everyone deserves access to world-class learning and development. Our global reach, digital learning solutions and innovative service delivery allows for consistent development across multiple levels of the organisation.
We are growing fast and looking for people who share our values, believe in the importance of the people agenda and have experience in change, culture and leadership, and digital learning solutions to join us in at EY Lane4.
This position is responsible for the design of individual learning interactions and blended learning programs. The instructional designer will be aligned to client and internal projects. The instructional designer will work to agreed design quality standards and processes, using approved templates and tools and will collaborate with other designers and learning professionals to support the continuous improvement of design, development, efficiency and quality. In addition, the designer will develop and maintain strong relationships with content owners, SMRs, learning and performance consultants, developers, deployment teams and vendors.
Your key responsibilities:
- Follow EYLane4’s learning design processes to define and design individual learning items and programs on time, to budget and quality standards
- Plan and document learning solutions and gain approvals from design leaders, consultants and content owners; identify existing materials that can be curated and integrated into the learning journey
- Determine learning objectives that meet EY quality standards
- Write design specifications using standard templates to ensure alignment of objectives with assessments, practice, presentation, overviews, integration and motivation elements; write specifications for configuring effective collaborative learning instances
- Conduct quality assurance checks with SMRs, technical reviewers, CPE approvers and deployment teams; utilize their feedback to revise design documents
- Write innovative eLearning pages and storyboards, audio/video scripts, facilitator and participant guides, job aids and other materials; test prototype products with sample audiences
- Write engaging instructional materials for a range of learning interactions including assessments and quizzes, practice exercises with appropriate feedback, simulations, demonstrations, case studies, worked examples, procedural steps, descriptions of concepts/processes/principles, opportunities for reflection and self-explanation, overviews
- Conduct design quality reviews on new and existing learning solutions using the EY Design Quality Checklist
- Ensure quality of learning content and proofread learning materials to ensure consistency (e.g., ensure references between leader guides and participant materials add-up, checking formatting, confirming timings in leader guides etc.)
- Collaborate closely with developers to ensure finished materials are authored as specified
- Assist in pilots and make appropriate revisions to learning materials based on pilot results
- Share instructional design best practices with other members of the design team in the spirit of continuous improvement
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong knowledge of learning science and evidence-based design standards and practices to ensure that EY’s learning content is of the highest quality and has the desired business impact
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaboration skills enabling the designer to work effectively with content owners, SMRs, deployment teams, learning and performance consultants, CPE approvers and other members of the learning and talent teams to ensure that clients’ needs, and expectations are met
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write effective instructional text, facilitator materials, audio and video scripts and other design documents
- Experience with learning management systems (Moodle, Docebo and SAP SuccessFactors preferred) and virtual classroom software (WebEx)
- Ability to use learning technology and tools, desktop applications and relevant knowledge tools
- Act independently to complete all aspects of a learning project
- High attention to detail and able to review the work of internal or external developers to ensure adherence to the design and to EY design standards
- Where applicable, coach instructional designers of third-party providers to follow the EY design process; promote use of EY design standards, templates, and tools
- Independently maintain and use (when appropriate) an internal network of contacts in other EY practices/departments that will enable personal effectiveness in the position.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in designing courses and other learning items
- Demonstrable experience in designing effective eLearning experiences, facilitator and participant guides (for the physical and virtual classroom), online and classroom simulations, video and audio media
- Experience designing eLearning that is accessible to people with disabilities
- Experience with web-based applications and one or more learning management systems is desired
- Demonstrable experience using Articulate Storyline or similar course authoring programs is highly desired but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrable experience building and maintaining strong relationships with business customers/clients
- Demonstrable experience working in fast-paced, stressful environments to deliver required results
- Demonstrable experience designing learning for mobile delivery is preferred but not required
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Professional qualification in instructional design or related discipline is preferred, not required
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, design or related field is preferred, not required
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. As a purpose driven organisation, we are also proud to offer multiple opportunities to volunteer with our global corporate responsibility programme – .
Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Access to a range of client projects
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Flexibility within a truly diverse and inclusive organisation
EY is a global professional services organisation providing consulting, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
To meet our ongoing commitment of doing the right thing for our people, our clients and our firm - and to continue playing our role in the national effort against Coronavirus, our consultants are all currently working from home unless office working is critical to their role or wellbeing.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!