Project Manager - EY Law, Legal Managed Services - Financial Services - London
Manager - Legal Managed Services – Financial Services -... About... EY Law has more than 3,000 lawyers in 90 jurisdictions. In 2018, we acquired two of the leading providers of alternative legal services in the sector,...
Manager - Legal Managed Services – Financial Services - London
EY Law has more than 3,000 lawyers in 90 jurisdictions. In 2018, we acquired two of the leading providers of alternative legal services in the sector, adding a further 1,100 legal professionals to support our 3,000 lawyers.
EY Law is a fast growing, dynamic and integrated part of EY. That means opportunities for our people every day - and a need for talented, flexible, ambitious professionals to join us to fuel our growth tomorrow. Become part of a client facing, cohesive and expanding team and develop your career within a global organisation looking to disrupt the legal market.
The FS Law team is part of our wider EY Law practice which is fully integrated with the rest of EY and leverages the existing growth platforms that EY already has, including an extensive list of clients, technology, resources, and a truly global presence. This role will focus on legal technologies and transformation of clients within the financial services sector. We work across all financial services sectors, including banking, wealth and asset management, and insurance, and with our counterparts across the global EY Law network to provide Enterprise Legal Services and Transformation.
The successful candidate will work across 3 areas:
- Consulting – Provide legal technology consulting to the firm’s financial services clients
- Solutions – Identify opportunities and lead the design of new solutions in partnership with other EY teams
- Service Delivery - Provide innovation across UK FS Legal teams to ensure our Enterprise Legal Services continue to be best in class
To be successful in this role you will have a solid foundation in technology, be creative, thoughtful and a problem solver with an entrepreneurial mindset.
We provide our people with a supportive, collaborative, team environment with exceptional experience and training.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Managing and delivering complex projects which focus on transforming in-house legal teams
- Leading future state design and transformation on behalf of our clients. Directing and managing project teams to identify improvement opportunities and develop target operating and delivery models
- Creating new propositions that bring together the best of our technology, people and processes for our clients
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the core components of an in-house legal department’s technology e.g. legal front door, matter management, supplier management and contract lifecycle management
- Acting as the primary project relationship, liaising with various teams including with the client, EY and external counsel to determine priorities and agree on solutions
- Applying knowledge of emerging technologies to assist the client with opportunities to further leverage RPA, AI, Self Service workflows, etc.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and within EY, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients (by for example, participating in client pitches)
- Applying knowledge internally to support across EY’s advisory teams in service delivery
- Developing junior team members through effective supervision, coaching and mentoring
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Willingness to embrace new challenges, in a non-traditional legal service environment
- A dedication to client service and innovation
- A passion for finding better ways of working
- Ability to analyse complex situations & deliver insightful, practical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address client needs, develop client relationships, and define resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing, and collection
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player
To qualify for the role, you will ideally have
- At least 5 - 7 years of related experience working in digital transformation with experience in the Legal industry, preferably with an understanding of financial services
- Industry knowledge across technology and the application of legal specific technologies
- Relevant degree: Computing
- Knowledge of data and analytics projects
- Excellent skills in presentation, visualisation, and analytics software packages such as PowerPoint, Power BI, and Visio
What we look for
We are looking for ambitious, driven professionals who want a challenging and stimulating career. We need individuals who can be immediately credible with clients and lead some of our most challenging client projects. For further information please visit our careers microsite .
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!