Business Systems Technical Lead - UK&I - EY Foundation - UK Wide in London
Role Profile: Business Systems Technical... Introduction to EY... The EY Foundation is a charity and a company, limited by guarantee, established in 2014. We were founded by EY, the professional services firm, which...
Business Systems Technical Lead
Introduction to EY Foundation
The EY Foundation is a charity and a company, limited by guarantee, established in 2014. We were founded by EY, the professional services firm, which continues to provide funding and donations to the charity under a multi-annual funding agreement. We are governed by a board of trustees, who are supported by a number of committees and leadership and management teams.
The EY Foundation helps young people, disadvantaged in the labour market, to fulfil their work potential. We are unique in our position as the link between employers and young people, having strong relationships with both.
Our work involves designing, developing and running our own services: Smart Futures, Our Future and Accelerate, as well as raising independent funds to support new initiatives and reach more young people across the UK. We work with organisations from across all sectors, including commercial, not-for-profit, education and government.
As an independent charity we have to diversify and raise our own income through traditional fundraising, grants and, increasingly, through the development of our work with corporate partners.
EY Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring service, where appropriate.
Within the Foundation we adopt flexible roles that reflect the dynamic nature of our charity and enable our people to learn, develop and grow their skills and open up career opportunities. This is part of our investment in you.
This role profile provides an outline of what will be involved in your role rather than an exhaustive list of duties. Both you and this role will naturally evolve.
In your role you will be expected to demonstrate or develop leadership competences based on the Foundation’s four key values. They are:
- Growth mindset – increase our impact on more young people through dedication, innovation and hard work
- Empower people – everyone is given the opportunity to develop and to succeed
- Courage – use new learning and diversity of thought to challenge the status quo, embracing lessons learned even if a project misses its targets
- Collaboration – build relationships – internally and externally – to share ideas, embed an inclusive approach, and achieve bigger outcomes.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
The scale of the challenge to tackle racial inequality is huge but we are passionate in our determination to secure change – both for our organisation and the young people we serve.
With over 80% of the young people we work with from Black, Asian or ethnic minority communities, our team and Board need to reflect the young people we support.
In 2019, we made diversity and inclusion a strategic priority, with a focus on race and in 2020 we published eleven race commitments. This included 50% of our team and leadership team coming from the Black, Asian or ethnic minority communities by 2025. Specifically, it is our objective that 30% of our team and leadership team will come from the Black community. You can find out more here.
Your role as Technical Lead
Whatever your specific responsibilities and specialisms, as a Technical Lead you will be customer and delivery-focused, structured and organised in your approach to your work. You will be adept and creative in resource management and an expert in your specialist field. You will be a clear, proactive communicator and highly engaged and mutually collaborative in your work and that of your colleagues. You will take personal ownership of your work and will be proactive in your own development.
Your role as Business Systems Technical Lead
You will directly report to the Head of Data & Impact and join the Data & Impact Team.
Purpose of Job: With the support from the Head of Data & Impact, the post holder will be required to take ownership, guide and lead the continued development of the firm’s key business systems, which include: Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM (D365), SharePoint, Power BI and other business intelligence software as required. Ensuring that the technology is scalable, high quality and fit for future development and integration with current systems will be key.
About You: You will be key to the D365 implementation and improvement project, working with stakeholders across the whole organisation to ensure our solution is built, maintained and enhanced in line with business needs. You will have project management experience and be technically minded, with an understanding/awareness of D365 and Azure DevOps, ideally from a system administration perspective. You will be comfortable working and leading communications with all areas of the business to lead, train, guide and support their use of D365 and other core Business Systems.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take responsibility for the firm’s core business systems, including administration, maintenance and development (e.g. D365, Azure DevOps, PowerBI, SharePoint etc). Working on special projects and producing business cases and conducting analysis will be a key aspect of this position.
- Pro-actively contribute to and identify areas for the continuous improvement of our technology/business processes through identifying opportunities/requirements for improvement and implementing changes.
- Conduct market research to outline new system solutions that will improve current and future business capability. This will involve investigating opportunities to incorporate Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, chatbots and sentiment analysis.
- Participate in the formulation and development of the organisations data & impact plan/strategy.
- Undertake workflow and application development. Where necessary plan and deliver technical implementation/upgrade road-maps and be the key resource to work with our systems integrator to deliver against this road-map.
- Work closely with functions on the design and implementation of PowerPlatform and PowerBI, for workflow and reporting/visualisations.
- Lead/support with the mentoring of the EY Foundation team to increase digital capability and capacity, producing training resources and delivering training to the team.
- In order to deliver key projects, you will need to manage the relationship and work closely with an outsourced experienced developer team. The postholder will provide supervision and support as required, including agreeing objectives and carrying the project performance reviews, ensuring deadlines and service standards are achieved and maintained post deployment of any solution.
- Support with/lead the development, monitoring and management of the organisations dashboards, target monitoring, survey development and where required data migration into new/existing systems.
- At EY Foundation, we highly encourage all our staff members and secondees to get involved proactively and volunteer for our internal activities and events regardless of their role within the Foundation.
- The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive and are subject to change in accordance with the needs of the firm.
Your experience and knowledge
What you will bring to the Foundation is your demonstrable experience and knowledge in the following areas:
Specific experience and knowledge for the role:
- Knowledge around the Microsoft technology stack e.g. D365, Azure DevOps, Power BI
- An analytical mind-set with the ability to quickly understand business processes and technical requirements and then combine both for the most appropriate solution
- A strong understanding in the configuration, delivery, and management of cloud-based technologies
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion and tact.
- Maintains the highest professional standards to ensure the organisation is not in a position of risk.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Delivering against a portfolio of projects/tasks effectively
- Able to multi-task, manage time effectively and keep calm under pressure.
- Makes commercial business decisions and is resilient in the face of resistance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent communication and management skills, with an ability to influence at all levels
- Collaboration and flexibility in your team working, whilst also being able to work with minimum supervision
- Strong and evidenced commitment to diversity
- Strong commitment to improve the working lives and prospects of disadvantaged young people
You will be able to demonstrate the competences expected of the EY Foundation management job family. Where you need more time to fully develop those competences we will support you in so doing.
For details of the required competences see our annexed competency framework.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Management, Advertising / Marketing / PR
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!