Client Executive - Government & Infrastructure Sector in London
The... The Client Executive is responsible for originating, shaping and converting sales opportunities within our successful and rapidly-growing Government and Infrastructure practice. They will deliver exceptional client...
The Client Executive is responsible for originating, shaping and converting sales opportunities within our successful and rapidly-growing Government and Infrastructure practice. They will deliver exceptional client service to our clients by anticipating and understanding clients’ requirements and leveraging the firm’s capabilities to support them. They will have a relentless focus on creating and identifying opportunities for us to bring the best of EY to new and existing public sector clients. As a senior member of the Government and Infrastructure business development team, they will have a personal leadership role in delivering the continued growth of our business.
Your key responsibilities
- Initiate, build and sustain exceptional client relationships at the most senior levels in public sector organisations, with a particular focus on Central Government Departments and Arms Length Bodies
- Global account strategy and sales leadership: Drive revenue, end-to-end sales, and relationships on key accounts across Central Government and ALBs. This client-focussed activity will account for c. 80% of the post holder’s time
- Act as a strategic advisor to the Global Client Service Partner (GCSP) and account team on global pipeline execution, review/plan deal conversion and negotiation strategies
- Develop expertise on EY’s market offerings (“fields of play”), and take personal accountability for driving sales of targeted propositions within the Central Government and ALB market, including through creating and executing sales campaigns
- Direct collaborative development of Account Plans. Lead execution of those plans to build relationships, originate / shape opportunities and secure deal conversion. Oversee sales operations per account e.g. ensuring evidence-based qualification decisions, guardian of pipeline shape and hygiene etc
- Deliver Global Total Engagement Revenue (GTER) results as well as personal sales and pipeline targets
- Support / deputise for the GCSP both internally and with clients
- Line management responsibility for Account Managers where appropriate
Skills & attributes for success
- Significant business development experience in the professional services and solutions arena. A proven record of selling complex services and solutions and leading sales campaigns
- Experience of working with or in the UK Public Sector, with a clear understanding of its landscape, culture and ethos. Strong working knowledge of key routes to market (such as CCS frameworks), relevant procurement processes etc
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong business/commercial acumen and an understanding of major sector trends
- Proven sound judgment and flexibility in balancing multiple project requirements, tight deadlines, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule, with high attention to detail
- Expert client management and client relationship skills, with outstanding client empathy
- Strong ability to focus on commercial outcomes that align with the interests of our clients. Strong knowledge of current and emerging sales tools, methodologies and go-to-market (GTM) models including social media
- Ability and credibility to build high-impact senior relationships quickly and sustain them
- Strong change agent skills. The ability to flex personal style as required, deploying hard and soft skills necessary to drive transformational performance across our portfolio of accounts and solutions
- Strong Executive presence. Expert influencing skills. Solid understanding of the marketplace/industry, competitive and account information
- Ability to team with and influence technical partners to formulate the best strategy to serve the client
- Ability to bring new ideas and innovation to deliverables with a strong focus on transformative digital, operational and people solutions.
- Strong ability to collaborate and build effective teams and when needed to handle and resolve conflict.
Alignment with EY’s purpose of Building a Better Working World, with our values, and with the Nolan Principles and Civil Service Code
Current UK government security clearance or willingness to rapidly achieve this (up to SC level)
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Management, Advertising / Marketing / PR
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!