Consultant Psychiatrist in Liverpool
... Do you want to work in a friendly, committed and established forensic and mental health service, where your knowledge and skills will be valued? Are you a Consultant Psychiatrist with experience working with...
Do you want to work in a friendly, committed and established forensic and mental health service, where your knowledge and skills will be valued? Are you a Consultant Psychiatrist with experience working with people with complex mental health and/or neurological care needs? If so, join the team at St Marys Hospital.
Working 22.5 hours a week, you will join St Marys that providing specialist care primarily for people with Acquired Brain Injuries (ABI) in medium and low secure setting, with a layout that enables you to deliver care within a low stimulus, spacious environment.
The team consists currently of 3 consultants and 2 Specialty Doctors, you will deliver clinical care to a dedicated caseload. You will have support from a dedicated supervisor and secretary team, with at least a Speciality Doctor per ward. The Consultants have experience in neuro-psychiatry, learning disability, forensic, and deafness care.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist, you will be responsible for delivering care programmes, which will see you manage physical and mental health concerns and provide individualised approaches to the care and treatment of people admitted to the hospital.
At St Marys Hospital, you will be a part of a culture where there is a strong emphasis on teamwork and support, where you will have dedicated time to access CPD opportunities, with allocated study leave. You will be supported by the Lead Consultant, who was awarded the North West Consultant of the year in 2020 by the Royal College of Psychiatrists- NW Division.
St Marys Hospital is situated in Warrington, close to Liverpool, Manchester, Chester and surrounding areas. There are excellent transport links, which allows the town to be reachable for those travelling across the North West.
When you work for Elysium Healthcare, you have instant access to a large and supportive peer group of like-minded professionals to engage and network with.
This role includes second on-call duties (currently 1 in 16 for full time consultants) where you will have junior-level support every day. There are also opportunities for voluntary paid extra first on call locum shift, and time back in lieu for on-calls.
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that service users have access to appropriate medical cover
- Undertaking psychiatric and external assessments for people referred to the unit to determine the appropriate level of care to be provided
- Provide oral and written evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers’ hearings
- Chairing ward rounds and CPAs
- Attendance at other relevant meetings following agreement ( e.g.staff forum, National Secure ABI forum etc)
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal within the last year
- Experience working within brain injury/ forensic/ acute services
- MRC Psych
- Section 12 (2) approval
- AC status
For more information, please contact Dr Neel Halder
(e: ; t: 01925423300)
What you will get
- Competitive annual salary plus additional car allowance
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
You will have the opportunity for regular career development to ensure you’re on the cutting edge and at the top of your game. You’ll have access to excellent CPD, plus access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre consultants.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!