Manager, Pensions Actuarial in London
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Senior Consultant / Manager – Pensions Consulting
EY is accelerating the growth of our Pensions Consulting team and are looking for self-starting, diligent individuals from a consultancy or accounting firm who can contribute to our growth plans and who wish to be part of a successful business with a strong, established brand.
We offer our clients expert-led advice wherever pension risk touches their business and our team work within a multi-disciplinary environment across a number of specialist areas, including providing funding and risk management advice for corporates, and advising on buy- and sell-side corporate transactions and assisting asset managers/insurers.
We are now looking to grow our consulting business. In order to achieve this growth, we are looking for quality individuals with core pensions knowledge and who have demonstrable experience of working with and building trusted relationships including CFOs of corporate sponsors, pension managers, trustees and pension providers.
We are seeking individuals with expertise in the following areas:
- Corporate pensions strategy
- Addressing pension aspects of corporate M&A
- Pension end-game solutions
- Pension risk transfer transactions
- Fiduciary management advisory
- Pension fund operational and governance excellence
- ESG issues for pension funds
- Data and analytics
- Leveraging corporate and pension scheme data for value
Your Key Responsibilities
- Providing support to the senior management team with marketing initiatives
- Building effective relationships in the market and within the EY network
- Preparation of numerical and written advice, as well as liaising directly with clients
- Management of client projects within agreed scope and budget with minimal supervision from senior management
- Leading client project teams and delegating work effectively
- Providing pensions expertise / opinions whilst working in larger cross service line projects
- Helping develop team members through mentoring, feedback and training
- Maintaining our very high professional standards
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Consulting experience and enjoy building trusted client relationships
- Be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity and recognises the world is changing and will continue to change
- Be a self-starter, with can-do attitude and energy who is willing to try new things
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be outgoing and personable
- Enjoy working with people from range of backgrounds and disciplines
- Have knowledge of the UK pensions environment but do not need to be an actuary.
- Have good commercial awareness
- Proven track record of delivering high quality work in appropriate timescales
- Project management skills
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer: Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next. Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way. Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs. Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!