Consultant Psychiatrist in Exeter
... As a Consultant Psychiatrist, you’ll know what it means to lead a team. To always strive for better. This is a great opportunity to join an established medical team at Pinhoe View and make a real difference to men...
As a Consultant Psychiatrist, you’ll know what it means to lead a team. To always strive for better. This is a great opportunity to join an established medical team at Pinhoe View and make a real difference to men and women who have enduring mental health problems.
Pinhoe View is a 32 bedded inpatient service which includes another full time Consultant Psychiatrist and two full-time associate specialists. In this role,you will have the opportunity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team (Nursing,OT, Psychology and Social Work) to provide care and treatment for up to 16 patients supported by an Associate Specialist doctor.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist some of your key responsibilities will include management of complex cases, formulating care plans and treatments for individual needs of service users, and guiding on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
As a valued staff member, you will have excellent CPD and professional development opportunities. You will work 37.5 hours a week, in a clinically rewarding environment and receive a highly competitive salary, along with a competitive pension scheme and a number of other benefits.
Key Responsibilities of the Consultant Psychiatrist include:
- Liaison and collaborative working with care co-ordinators, commissioners, families and carers and other services/agencies
- Mental Health Act implementation and liaison with Ministry of Justice (if applicable)
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working
- Undertaking the administrative duties associated with the care of patients including ensuring all NHSE contractual obligations are met and to ensure initial discharge summaries are sent out within 24 hours of discharge
- Maintaining professional registration with the General Medical Council and to abide by professional codes of conduct
- Maintaining section 12(2) and approved clinician status.
*The hospital runs a two-tier on-call system with first tier on-call provided by associate specialists and agency on-call. The post holder will be required to be part of the second tier hospital on-call as the duty Responsible Clinician.
You will be expected to provide cover for other medical colleagues during leave and other absences, which is reciprocated.
To be successful as an applicant you’ll need:
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Full GMC registration with licence to practice
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- To hold Section 12(2) approval to work in England and Approved clinician status
- Experience in General Adult settings and have experience of working in a multi disciplinary team.
- Experience of working within acute inpatient or community settings, ideally inpatient settings and have experience in risk assessment and risk management.
What you will get:
- Competitive annual salary
- Car allowance £8,400
- Relocation up to £8,000
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically-led environments
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
More about this site:
Pinhoe View is a two 16 bedded wards- one male ward and one female ward. Patients maybe informal or detained under the Mental health act. Pinhoe View is situated in Exeter, in Devon which is a bright and developing city. It is ideally placed for rural living with proximity to the coast and several areas of outstanding natural beauty.
Aboutyour next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological,Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!