Speech and Language Therapist in Gloucester
... As a Speech and Language Therapist, you are the reason why lives change for the better. You help some of the most vulnerable people build a brighter future, and get to enjoy the satisfaction that brings. The...
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you are the reason why lives change for the better. You help some of the most vulnerable people build a brighter future, and get to enjoy the satisfaction that brings.
The Dean Neurological Centre in Gloucestershire is a specialist rehabilitation and disability management service for people living with a range of different and complex neurological conditions. This includes acquired brain injury, spinal injury and other neurological conditions where there is a need for tracheostomies and/or ventilators.
You will know one or two things about communication as you lead group therapeutic group sessions, helping people develop and improve their speech and communication. Building one-to-one rapport with service users, you will encourage engagement and empower recovery.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be supported regionally and will have access to a variety of training and online courses to support your career development and growth.
- Demonstrate specialist skills in dealing with complex cases, cultural and linguistic differences, and to generate appropriate strategies for caseload management.
- Undertake audits and contributing to research in the provision of treatments.
- Specialist knowledge in the areas of acquired communication and swallowing disorders.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- To be registered with HCPC
- Experience of managing a caseload involving assessment and treatment of dysphagia
- Experience of working with families
- Evidence of continuing Professional Development
What you will get
- Annual salary of £45,996 plus £3,600 Welcome Bonus
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!