Senior Software Engineer - Supply Chain (23149) in London
Holland & Barrett International is striving to be the world's leading health and wellness business. Currently the largest in Europe and growing in other markets, the health and wellness of our colleagues and customers is at our heart.
We're on a mission to make health and wellness a way of life for everyone – and technology is at the heart of our future plans to become a leading omni-channel retailer. We're building some great products, and we're investing in the rapidly advancing technology that is helping our customers meet their health and wellness goals. We're delivering more speed in the retail experience, greater convenience in service and delivery, and increasing personalisation in our brand and product propositions, both in-store and online.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Supply Chain department, and help us expand our capabilities.
Some day-to-day activities include:
- Collaborate with the team and lead on the implementation of new features.
- Analyse requirements and don't be afraid to question them.
- Contribute to different discussions - technical design sessions, trouble-shooting ad-hoc meetings, sprint retrospectives etc.
- Collaborate with the wider development community to support with the integration of external services.
- Develop and peer review in a CI/CD culture, with strong support for iterative development cycles.
- Spend time on your self-development and share best practice with the rest of the team.
- Bring passion to the role, to grow and stay ahead with new technologies.
Don't worry though if you don't tick all the boxes - we're still interested!
- Experience in building Java microservices (Spring Boot) and a good understanding of microservice architecture patterns
- Experience writing unit and integration tests; end-to-end and performance tests are a bonus
- Experience building RESTful services and understanding of good API design; knowledge of GraphQL is a bonus
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging middleware
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with relational databases
- Good understanding of CI/CD
- Experience with AWS S3
This is a remote position with opportunity to collaborate in our offices in London and Nuneaton.
- We operate virtually. Remote, hybrid, or in our tech hubs – we work in an agile environment where you can thrive.
- We offer a 10% performance incentive scheme for our tech teams.
- Learn from the best – at H&B you'll have the opportunity to enhance and expand your skills and shape your career.
- We want you to produce your best, so we provide you with the best tech equipment.
- Stay healthy with a 25% discount on all product ranges to help you live well.
- We like to recognize and celebrate our people with our Colleague Recognition Scheme, so your hard work won't go unnoticed.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins, and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork, and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Our culture respects equality, values diversity, and encourages individuality – because this allows our people to unlock their potential and be their best. We welcome everyone who shares our EPIC values regardless of background, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!