Senior Frontend Engineer - Supply Chain (23180) in London
Holland & Barrett International is striving to be the world's leading health and wellness business. Currently the largest in Europe and growing in other markets, the health and wellness of our colleagues and customers is at our heart.
We're on a mission to make health and wellness a way of life for everyone – and technology is at the heart of our future plans to become a leading omni-channel retailer. We're building some great products, and we're investing in the rapidly advancing technology that is helping our customers meet their health and wellness goals. We're delivering more speed in the retail experience, greater convenience in service and delivery, and increasing personalisation in our brand and product propositions, both in-store and online.
We are hiring a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Supply Chain department, within our Space and Range squad!
We are building amazing 3D space planning tools in-house, while our backend services process, store and surface the data to make all this work for us and our partner teams. We're building new tools to simplify the job of our merchandisers, enabling them to graphically allocate a range of products to a set of shelves as well as planning the store configurations at large. Store planners then use our software to organise those shelves of products in every one of our stores, adapting to the available space.
Looking forward, we'll be integrating data science models to propose better-performing products and layouts to our merchandising teams and our target is to replace third-party software packages with our own tailored solutions.
In this role you will
- Be part of the Space and Range software engineering team within the Supply Chain, implementing scalable, stable, secure, and resilient apps built on cloud-based services that enhance the store space shopping experience through internal tooling, automation, observability, and full-stack engineering practices.
- Work on store planning applications that allow our internal stakeholders to build product ranges and design store layouts that are brought to life in a beautifully rendered 3D-Graphical tool.
- Collaborate with Product teams to ensure user stories come to life through app design, software innovation, and adopting a fail-fast approach to testing.
- Use a rich suite of exciting new tools and technologies you will apply these to team discussions fostering a collaborative approach within your delivery squad.
- Bring passion to the role, to grow and stay ahead with new technologies. Contribute learnings to our wider stack, allowing the implementation of new features developing our growing code base.
- Collaborate with the wider development community in the team to implement microservice architecture.
- Develop as part of an Agile team and peer review in a CI/CD culture, with strong support for iterative development cycles, with evolutionary design.
- Continue to focus on the implementation of software using modern patterns of software development, for functionality and scalability.
- Analyse requirements, question requirements and never settling down until satisfied – when you're ready, let's go!
- Able to provide engineering solutions and offer design changes and feedback to the current codebase.
- Proven experience as a Senior Frontend Engineer, with a strong focus on Three.js, React and its ecosystem. Experience with TypeScript, Zustand, React Three Fiber would also be beneficial in this role.
- Have led product development implementation, and features, and can demonstrate in discussion confidently.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities, with a passion for teamwork.
- We operate virtually. Remote, hybrid or in our tech hubs – we work in an agile environment where you can thrive.
- We offer a 10% bonus for our tech teams – when we win, so do you
- Learn from the best – at H&B you'll have the opportunity to enhance and expand your skills and shape your career
- We want you to produce your best, so we provide you with the best tech equipment
- Stay healthy with a 25% discount on all product ranges to help you live well
- We like to recognise and celebrate our people with our Colleague Recognition Scheme, so your hard work won't go unnoticed
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Our culture respects equality, values diversity and encourages individuality – because this allows our people to unlock their potential and be their best. We welcome everyone who shares our EPIC values regardless of background, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!