Director - TSD - SAP Finance in London
Technology Consulting – SAP Finance – Director –... At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re...
Technology Consulting – SAP Finance – Director – UK
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Technology professionals focus on harnessing the power of technology to unleash human potential. They seek to deliver innovative tech-based solutions and in doing so, enhance our market impact and improve service delivery.
Are you fascinated by technology, automation, business consulting and technology consultancy? Do you have the consulting skills to resolve complex technology and business issues? Are you able to use your business insight and technological expertise to identify how our clients can find new revenue and value-producing opportunities?
Do you possess the right mindset, experience and capabilities to transform our client’s business towards a digital enterprise enabled by SAP S/4ANA? Are you willing to deepen your current IT/Business skills in a high-performing environment?
SAP offer an innovative high-performance real-time platform and solutions which meet the needs of end-to-end digitised enterprises. Our EY SAP team is focused on working with our clients to leverage these SAP innovations and create business value. This could for example mean:
- Helping clients plan their route to S/4HANA from their current landscape
- Re-defining a finance functions financial processes based on S/4HANA to reduce both Opex and Capex,
- Optimising Sales & Operations planning by utilising the possibilities of granular and real-time forecasting and data to improve insight, or
- Creating strategic insight by adopting SAP predictive analytics to better understand customer behaviour and prevent potential customer churn whilst growing the top line.
We are looking for technology-minded, business-focused and creative executive consultants with a passion for bringing context to SAP innovations and ability to demonstrate how it can help transform our clients’ day to day operations. We are looking for people who have been there and done it, who want to keep close to the technology and who want to deliver solutions that have optimum impact on their clients. We are looking for people who can bring in their own business knowledge to engage at all levels with EY clients.
Your key responsibilities
At Director level, you will be identifying and leading project engagements working directly with Senior clients. You will also be responsible for leading a team on all aspects of a client engagement including developing new opportunities, designing solutions, identifying the value available for clients and delivering solutions.
Alongside your client facing role, you will also join the leadership team of the Technology Finance Capability. In this regard, you will play a key role people leadership, skills development recruitment and retention.
You will build relationships at senior levels within client organisations, working with them to understand their most critical business problems and priorities, consulting with your EY peers to evaluate, design, and deliver solution options that leverage cutting edge technologies.
You will motivate and manage high performing diverse teams, aligned to EY’s values. delivering exceptional client service preparing our clients for a digital future.
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for professionals who are great communicators, team players, relationship builders with a real desire to learn.
Professional in your approach, you will have a natural ability to establish personal credibility with clients. You will also be highly organised, capable of coordinating your own workload and that of other team members, meeting deadlines, proactively managing risks and delivering quality outcomes.
You are expected to have technical knowledge and experience to have delivered SAP finance programmes within a variety of industries, including:
- Experience of working with large clients in a consulting role leading transformation projects
- Clear thought leadership around the challenges affecting the CFO
- Experience in the application of SAP S4 Finance solutions
- Understanding of Cloud ERP & Cloud Solutions across the Finance value chain
- Standardising, simplifying and automating processes and controls
- Experience of having run large Technology enabled Finance programmes with data at the core.
- Key understanding of Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting process redesign & understanding of the data and systems that underpin them and how to manage deployment
- Identifying business opportunities and risks and shaping information and analytical solutions
- Understanding of the role that Intelligent Automation can play in Finance and the benefits it can bring.
It is helpful if you understand and apply relevant technologies to SAP such as:
- Service Management Tools (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Blackline / Trintech
- RPA / Intelligent Automation technology
- PB&F or Consolidation technology (SAP, Oracle, Anaplan)
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A valid and certified professional accounting qualification
- Experience of business development and solution design for complex multi-national businesses
- Experience of delivering large-scale digital finance programmes
- Proven ability to engage, manage and build senior relationships
- Ability to participate in presales activities and product demonstrations
- An understanding of the Technology Development Lifecycle
- Strong project management techniques experience with Waterfall, Hybrid-Agile and Agile methods (e.g. Scrum, Lean, Kanban)
- Willingness to travel as required in relation to working at Client Sites on specific engagements
Ideally, you'll also have experience of:
- A background in management consulting or have delivered multiple SAP Finance Programmes
- Ability to create solutions to technical problems
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to storyboard and create high quality outputs
- Excellent problem solving, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Track record of line managing professional services staff, including coaching and developing staff
What we look for:
- client management, analysis, presentation and facilitation, commerciality
- Technical skills: strong technical insight, practical knowledge and capability in your specialist field
- Versatility: proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
- Market / sector knowledge: demonstrable market/sector expertise in your field
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!