Data Protection Compliance Manager - Risk Management - London
Job... Within the professional services environment, the application of risk management procedures is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management encompasses the...
Within the professional services environment, the application of risk management procedures is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management encompasses the technical support and processes which underpin the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and seek to achieve full fee recovery.
The Data Protection team is responsible for supporting the UK firm in the execution of and compliance with Global, Regional and local data protection laws and regulations, policies and procedures and the development, maintenance, communication and training of key data protection policies, providing advice on complex matters and monitoring the application of these policies. The Data Protection teams sits within the Central Risk Management team consisting of a Risk Management Partner, Chief Compliance Officer, a Financial Crime Director, a Compliance Director, Data Protection Officer and supporting managers and associates.
With the implementation of the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Act 2018, data protection is an area of increased risk for the firm. The law has been modernised and strengthened and the penalties have increased and as a result, the central Data Protection team is continuing to develop its compliance function.
There is a vacancy at manager level for a compliance professional with expertise in data protection to support the UK Data Protection Officer (DPO) and the business in complying with all relevant DP legislation.
Your key responsibilities
You will enjoy a challenging workload, specifically responsible for leading on the design and deployment of data protection compliance monitoring processes. This will include:
- Creation and application of monitoring and testing protocols to measure compliance with regulatory data protection obligations.
- Oversight and instruction of monitoring resources and administrative support resources.
- Critical assessment of effectiveness of data protection systems/controls including maturity and risk assessment(s).
- Maintenance of robust records of the framework, responsibilities, controls, testing and monitoring results, risk assessments and production of reports for DP & Risk Management leadership as well as any required committee reporting.
- Preparation and delivery of information to the business on EY’s data protection compliance program to raise awareness and understanding of key data protection matters.
- Recommendation of control improvements along with associated testing and oversight arrangements.
- Developing, implementing and overseeing any required remedial actions.
Additionally, you will assist with:
- Drafting and updating internal policies and procedures;
- Delivering training and awareness across the UK firm;
- Providing technical advice to the firm’s service lines on data protection matters; and
- Advising on complex and high-risk data protection issues arising out of frontline compliance, such as data subject requests, potential data incidents, privacy impact assessments and compliance ‘health checks’.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects.
- Strong team player with excellent commercial acumen and communication skills.
- Experience managing a team and highly complex projects.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication ability with colleagues at all levels including delivering tough messages to senior leaders within the firm.
- Ability to remain calm, controlled and resilient in a high paced and agile environment.
To qualify for the role you must have
A minimum of 4 years of experience in quality, risk management and compliance processes, with strong data protection knowledge.
Ideally, you’ll also have
CIPP/E, CIPM, ISEB Certificate or equivalent Data Privacy qualification.
What we look for
We are looking for an experienced, high-energy individual who embraces change and innovation in order to ensure that we can continue to deliver world-class Risk Management initiatives in an ever-changing environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Additionally, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Advertising / Marketing / PR , Management
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!