Assistant Manager in Bournemouth
As an Assistant Manager you’ll be someone that shares our love of delighting others. You’ll take accountability for supporting the Store Manager in leading the team to achieve sales targets whilst delivering outstanding customer service. You’ll be an experienced and commercially focused retail manager.
As an Assistant Manager, you would be responsible for the day to day running of a store maximising sales and profitability whilst delivering exceptional customer service through the team.
- To drive the sales and profitability of the store obtaining outstanding results
- To set an example as an Assistant Manager and deliver exceptional customer service with in the store
- To promote high visual merchandising standards ensuring that store housekeeping standards are continually achieved
- To plan and manage all aspects of Health & Safety in accordance with the law and Company Standards
- To be responsible for store stock control, stock count, store payroll budgets and targets
- To motivate and support the team as an Assistant Manager in achieving and exceeding agreed objectives
- A key aspect of the role as an Assistant Manager is to work with the Store Manager, Area Manager and HR in dealing with people issues effectively and in a timely manner
- To support the recruitment and on-going training and development of the team
- To work with the Store Manager, Area Manager and HR in driving a high performance culture within the team
- To work with the Store Manager to develop a strategic plan on a quarterly basis to ensure objectives and business goals are met
- To work with the Store Manager to analyse sales trends that will maximise sales and profitability within the store, developing an action plan to turn around any under performing sales trends
- To manage and have overall responsibility for all cash handling, banking and safe procedures always following Company standards
- To be responsible for all aspects of till management including number of open tills, till issuing, cash handling and variances
- To work with the Store Manager and the Loss Prevention team to develop and implement loss prevention control to prevent internal/external theft and system errors
- Able to travel to other stores if necessary
- Responsibility for Store budget
- 5 out of 7 days
- Availability to work weekends, early mornings and late nights
- Availability to flex hours when workload requires this
- Store Manager
- Store Team
- District Manager
- Central Operations Department
- HR Department
Role Essential Skills:
- Strong coaching and development skills as an Assistant Manager in order to establish a high performing team
- Enthusiastic, driven and motivated Assistant Manager
- Previous line management experience within a retail and customer service environment with the ability to deal with people issues effectively and in a timely manner
- Excellent selling techniques as an Assistant Manager with a proven track record of driving sales and profitability
- To be customer orientated with a track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines as an Assistant Manager
Clintons is in the business of helping our customers celebrate life’s occasions and those of the people they care about. We understand that all kinds of relationships are to be treasured and we provide ways to enhance and cherish these everyday.
We have a restructured estate geared towards on-going profitability, investment in our stores and a fantastic new product offering. Our stores really are benefiting from a radical transformation so it is an exciting time to join us on our journey. We pride ourselves in helping customers find the perfect words and designs at fantastic value and 94% of Customers tell us they would recommend us to friends and family.
Clintons now has over 3m Rewards customers who continue to enjoy exclusive offers and benefits each week, redeemable both in-store or on our website. Become part of the team to deliver the very best experience to our loyal customers!
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!