Lead Catering Assistant in Brighton
... The words ‘catering assistant’ and ‘social life’ don’t often go together. Well, this time they do. With this job, you will not work evenings and you will not be under heavy pressure and stress. Working 37.5 hours...
The words ‘catering assistant’ and ‘social life’ don’t often go together. Well, this time they do. With this job, you will not work evenings and you will not be under heavy pressure and stress.
Working 37.5 hours a week, a week Monday to Friday with occasional weekend cover. You will join the established kitchen team at Brighton & Hove Clinic in Brighton. Your focus will be on serving meals to our patients and visitors at the hospital. Set up our dining room and taking meal orders. You will be working closely with our Chef to ensure a smooth service. This is an active role and will include general kitchen duties, basic meal prep, stock control, washing up & cleaning the kitchen.
As a lead Catering Assistant, you will be responsible to lead the catering Assistant team by example and train them in any knowledge gaps
It’s a calm and pleasurable working environment, where you’ll be able to manage your workload and develop your career. There’s a great social aspect to this role where you can interact with people outside the kitchen regularly.
Just imagine… home in time for dinner every night. And not stressed to the hilt.
- Prepare and present meals and snacks in line with calorie specifications outlined in the calorie chart
- Ensure that suitable alternatives are available to accommodate children with allergies, particular dietary requests
- Work with the Catering Manager to plan a well-balanced, healthy and fresh menu
- Support the process of placing food orders and assist in the management of deliveries and rotating of stock.
- Ensure that all kitchen bins have liners at all times
- Wash and thoroughly clean all fridges, freezers and cookers
To be successful in this role, you'll need
- Relevant Qualifications
- Experience of working within a care home/hospital environment
- Some experience of serving food within a large catering operation (e.g. at a school, factory or large restaurant)
- Able to use general catering equipment, safely and correctly
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Fire Regulations
- Able to work 5 shifts a week, 7:30am to 3:30pm or 11am -7pm.
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £24,375 (£12.50 per hour) + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!