Part time Catering Assistant in Brighton
... It's not very often the words ‘catering assistant’ and ‘social life’ go together, but this time they do. With this job, you will not work evenings and will not be under heavy pressure and stress. You will work 18...
It's not very often the words ‘catering assistant’ and ‘social life’ go together, but this time they do. With this job, you will not work evenings and will not be under heavy pressure and stress.
You will work 18 hours a week as you join the brand kitchen team at Brighton & Hove Clinic. As a Catering Assistant, you will support the chefs to prepare meals, maintain a clean and safe working environment, and assist with deliveries.
It’s a calm and pleasurable working environment, where you’ll be able to manage your workload and develop your career. There’s a great social aspect to this role where you can interact with people outside the kitchen regularly.
Just imagine… home in time for dinner every night. And not stressed to the hilt.
- Maintaining high standards of kitchen cleaning as per the daily schedule.
- Perform stock checks and ensure stock rotation is carried out.
- Receive supplies into the kitchen and storerooms and certify the delivery documents, accordingly, also contributing to ordering supplies.
- Check standards of equipment and report any faults to the Management team.
- To assist in maintaining accurate records for fridge temperatures and food serving temperatures
- Liaising with the wider team, including dietitians regarding dietary and planned meals
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Knowledge of COSHH and HACCP
- Experience of working within a similar role
- Food Hygiene Safety Certificate
What you will get:
- £11.05 per hour, plus Benefits
- annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts, special offers and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!