Consultant Psychiatrist in Brighton
... An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time or part time Consultant Psychiatrist to join Brighton and Hove Clinic. Working 22.5 hours per week you will join a supportive and experienced team providing...
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time or part time Consultant Psychiatrist to join Brighton and Hove Clinic. Working 22.5 hours per week you will join a supportive and experienced team providing Tier 4 inpatient services to young people with eating disorders.
When you work for Elysium Healthcare, you have instant access to a large and supportive peer group of like-minded professionals to engage and network with.
As part of this role you will be required to participate in the on call rota for a small group of CAMHS & ED services.
- To manage a case load as RC of the ward.
- Participate in the assessment and management of children and young people referred to the Service.
- To assess physical health and document finding within Carenotes and weekly ICR meetings.
- To ensure completion of professional reports as per timeline such as ICRs/CPA/Tribunals.
- To act as Responsible Clinician for patients detained under the Mental Health Act.
- To attend CETRs when needed.
- To provide leadership, supervision, reflection, and risk management to the key workers on the team.
- Participation in the CAMHS Consultant on-call rota.
- To participate in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To uphold the principles of Clinical Governance and adhere to the organisation’s clinical governance requirements.
- To take part in an Annual Appraisal Programme, with the development of Personal Development Plans, focused on Continuing Professional Development.
- To adhere to all the organisations policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Registered on the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with a licence to practice
- Experience of CAMHS eating disorders desirable
- Medically qualified with MRCPsych or equivalent
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- Leadership ability
- The ability to affect change professionally and organisationally
What you will get:
- Competitive pro-rata annual salary
- £8,400 pro-rata Car Allowance
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!