Consultant Psychiatrist in London
... As an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist, you will have expert knowledge of working with survivors of an acquired brain injury, individuals with neurodegenerative conditions with potentially co-morbid mental...
As an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist, you will have expert knowledge of working with survivors of an acquired brain injury, individuals with neurodegenerative conditions with potentially co-morbid mental illness and complex physical health conditions. Patients at the Unit can be detained under the Mental Health Act, supported via Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards or as an informal patient. Referrals are taken from many sources including psychiatric hospitals, prisons and the courts
This is a fantastic opportunity to join two established Neurological Service, with established teams of professionals. You will work 7.5 hours a week at Badby Park and 30 hours a week at St Neot’s Hospital.
St Neots is a town and civil parish in the Huntingdonshire District of the county of Cambridgeshire, England, approximately 50 miles north of central London. The town straddles the great river Ouse and is served by a railway station on the East Coast main Line.
Badby Park is a grand manor house steeped in history with stunning views, excellent facilities and a tranquil setting. Good road links makes it easily commutable from Daventry, Rugby, Northampton and Banbury.
Working for Elysium Healthcare will give you access to a large and supportive peer group of like-minded professionals. With experience from the NHS or private sector, you will operationally manage within agreed standards, targets, timetables and constraints, following operational and strategic objectives.
As a senior member of the team, you will provide leadership as you provide high-quality care, conduct unit rounds, assessment of referrals, attend Care and Treatment Reviews, Managers’ Panel Hearings and Mental Health Review Tribunals. You will be required to deliver regular supervision to junior members of the team.
At Elysium, you'll be part of a network of a culture, where you will be able to contribute to ongoing research projects in the Directorate, Continuous Professional Development to help you with your personal development plan and where you'll enjoy study leave to attend relevant courses and conferences.
Joining Elysium Healthcare, you will feel valued and supported. The role will have excellent CPD support along with career development opportunities. You will have access to a peer network of doctors across the organisation.
You will be part of a group of Consultant Psychiatrists, who share the on-call rota.
- Responsible for the administration of the Mental Health Act, Clinical Policy, Clinical Standards and associated administrative tasks in respect of service users.
- Manage and evaluate the medical service through audits, ensuring clinical policy, practice and its application are research-based and of an excellent standard
- Work in conjunction with external stakeholders to map and facilitate the service users' journey back into the community
- Chair ward MDT (ICR) meetings
- Ensure the adequate working of the Care Programme Approach for service users
- Involvement in the assessment of referrals and ensure that the service meets the needs of those who are appropriately admitted
- Contribute to the training, education and development of staff of all disciplines
- Participate in delivering Clinical Governance
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Medically qualified with MRCPsych or equivalent
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- Leadership ability
- The ability to affect change professionally and organisationally
- Understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Knowledge of change management, relevant legislation, contemporary cases in mental and physical health
- Previous consultant experience (desirable)
- Previous experience in a management role (desirable)
What you will get:
- Competitive annual salary
- Car allowance
- Relocation of up to £8,000
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!