Regional Health and Safety Advisor - London and South East Care Homes
... If you have experience delivering health and safety programmes and learning initiatives and you are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a difference and changes lives for the better then a Regional...
If you have experience delivering health and safety programmes and learning initiatives and you are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a difference and changes lives for the better then a Regional Health & Safety Advisor role could be the right choice for you.
In this role, you will take forward our Health and Safety agenda but not merely through the traditional implementation of inspections and audits. This role will suit you perfectly if you are someone who understands how an individual’s competence, skills, personality, attitude and risk perception influence behaviours at work.
As a Regional Health & Safety Advisor, you will engage with individuals at all levels of our organisation to dispel the myths associated with Health and Safety and make it relevant and visible to everyone.
It’s a career that you can take pride in while enjoying the satisfaction of helping people and seeing them improve. It’s what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake annual fire risk assessments at each location and overseeing that all identified actions are completed within the timescales required.
- To provide health and safety information to the hospital/unit.
- To monitor accidents, incidents and near misses in the care homesl via the IRIS system, ensuring the accident reporting procedure is followed (including RIDDOR reporting) and by taking the relevant steps to minimise the risk of reoccurrence.
- To chair the Health & Safety Meetings at site and across region.
- To provide feedback from corporate Health & Safety meetings at Regional Governance meetings.
- To maintain and review the database for fire risk assessments for the region. providing monthly reports of progress for senior management.
- To arrange regular health and safety audits of all areas of the hospital and overseeing the actions from these by evaluating the effectiveness.
- To attend corporate health and safety meetings.
- To review risk management/health and safety procedures on an annual basis and more frequently if required, adhering to Corporate health and safety manuals, Health Care Commission and Health and Safety Executive guidance criteria as the minimum standards to be maintained.
- To develop safe systems of work in the hospital =
- Ensure a COSHH database is maintained and updated as required.
- To produce an annual health and safety report based on activities and issues from within the care homes from the previous 12 months.
- To develop and promote a positive safety culture
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Possession of IOSH or NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Relevant teaching qualification
- Up-to-date knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Demonstrable experience in a Health and Safety role.
- Passion about the health and wellbeing of people at
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel across England
- A valid drivers license.
What You Will Get
- Competitive annual salary + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Flexible working opportunities
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!