Male Support Worker in London
... If you care for others without a second thought, and are looking for a rewarding career, where you can make a difference and change lives for the better and enjoy a £500 welcome bonus, then a male Support...
It’s a career that you can take pride in while enjoying the satisfaction of helping people and seeing them improve. It’s what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
What you will be doing:
It can be quite a challenging environment at times, so a positive attitude, compassion, resilience and vigilance are important. But it is hugely rewarding to see people improve because of you; being able to do something today that they couldn’t do last week.
You will have access to the Elysium Wellbeing team, which is on hand to keep you feeling great; be it a chat, or group activities.
With a huge range of courses that will help you grow and succeed, if you have the aspiration, capability and dedication, Elysium Healthcare can give you the support and opportunities to help you achieve your career goals.
The shifts include working nights and weekends on a rota basis. Permanent, 37.5 hours full-time contract.
Where you will be working:
Location: 185 Arabella Dr, Roehampton, London SW15 5LH
Arabella Drive is based in Roehampton and is part of our learning disability and autism division and provides support for people who may be living with moderate learning disabilities with associated health needs, autism and behaviours which, due to their diagnosis may be seen as challenging.
Working alongside a multidisciplinary team, you will offer support to people as part of their care pathway. Whether it is moving from their community placement or a family home because they require more structured care and support.
Your aim will be to encourage individuals to lead a full and valued life, enabling them to live more independently through a programme of active community engagement, developing meaningful social networks and developing robust coping strategies.
- We are actively encouraging male candidates to apply for this vacancy. This is to assist the male residents in a most efficient manner.
- Must have experience with learning disability and autism type of service
- The ability to show strong empathy, a caring and compassionate nature
- Willing to support the resident with the personal hygiene
- People skills, communication skills and a good sense of humour
- Willingness to deal with the challenging behaviour
- A positive & professional approach
- Reliability, flexibility, hard work and honesty
- Team working ethos aligned to our company values
- Must be local or based at a commutable distance and time
- £11.05 hourly rate
- Enjoy a £500 welcome bonus
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals on duty
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Funded career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life assurance
Enhanced Maternity Package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers and much more.
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!