Data Warehouse Engineer - Data & Analytics (25581) in London
Are you an experienced Data Warehouse Engineer with a passion for transforming raw data into actionable insights? Do you have deep expertise in Cloud Data Warehouse solutions and can confidently describe yourself as an SQL guru, blended with a proven track record of designing and optimizing data warehouses for performance and scalability? Do you want to play a pivotal role in shaping data architecture and driving data-driven decision-making?
Holland & Barrett is a company at the forefront of technology innovation, revolutionizing the Well-Tech industry with our groundbreaking products and solutions. Our commitment to excellence and data-driven insights drives us to seek a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer who shares our passion for leveraging data to unlock business potential.
As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you will be required to:
- Design, implement, and manage our AWS Redshift data warehouse, ensuring optimal performance, scalability, and reliability across a broader AWS ecosystem.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather data requirements, define data models, and develop ETL workflows (Matillion) and processes to transform and load data from various sources.
- Optimize SQL queries and data pipelines to deliver fast and accurate results to end-users.
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Analysts to understand their data needs and provide the necessary infrastructure and tools to integrate all required raw data sources.
- Build data cubes for BI reporting, marketing automation, customer segmentation, and content personalization.
- Continuously monitor and troubleshoot the data warehouse environment to proactively address performance bottlenecks and issues.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and best practices in data warehousing, AWS services, and SQL technologies.
- Mentor junior team members, sharing your expertise and knowledge to foster their growth and development.
- Integrate and ingest numerous raw data sources such as sales, supply chain, and clickstream data.
- Apply a strong quantitative approach to drive the H&B technical data agenda.
As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you will bring to the role:
- Experience in data warehouse design, development, visualization, and management.
- Strong proficiency in AWS Redshift or similar Cloud Data Warehouse, including setup, configuration, and optimization.
- Ability to transform data sets into world-class analytics and business intelligence solutions.
- Expertise in writing complex SQL queries for data transformation and analysis.
- Proven experience with ETL processes and tools, data modeling, and data integration.
- Solid understanding of performance tuning, indexing, and query optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with data warehousing best practices, data governance, and security protocols.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex data-related issues.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Good all-round tech knowledge to work across a diverse Data Tech Stack is essential.
- This role is fully remote with occasional travel to our London hub.
- We offer a 10% performance incentive scheme for our tech teams.
- Learn from the best – at H&B you will have the opportunity to enhance and expand your skills and shape your career.
- We want you to produce your best, so we provide you with the best tech equipment.
- Stay healthy with a 25% discount on all product ranges to help you live well.
- We like to recognize and celebrate our people with our Colleague Recognition Scheme, so your hard work will not go unnoticed.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins, and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork, and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Our culture respects equality, values diversity, and encourages individuality – because this allows our people to unlock their potential and be their best. We welcome everyone who shares our EPIC values regardless of background, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!