Machine Learning Engineer (27105) in London
Please note, this role can be remote based in the UK or... Holland & Barrett International is striving to be the world's leading health and wellness business. Currently the largest in Europe and growing in other markets, the health and...
Please note, this role can be remote based in the UK or EU
Holland & Barrett International is striving to be the world's leading health and wellness business. Currently the largest in Europe and growing in other markets, the health and wellness of our colleagues and customers is at our heart.
Ready for an EPIC career?
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our dynamic Data Science team at Holland and Barrett. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will take the lead in innovating and enhancing our MLOps processes, actively contributing to the design and refinement of our machine learning operational framework. Your role involves pioneering advancements in the way we integrate, deploy, and optimize machine learning models, playing a key role in shaping the evolution of our MLOps landscape. You will collaborate closely with other teams such as Data Engineering, BI, Data Warehousing, and Product Analytics to develop and deploy machine learning solutions across the business.
About the role
- Develop and maintain machine learning pipelines, ensuring scalability, reliability, and efficiency.
- Utilize AWS services and infrastructure to deploy, monitor, and manage machine learning applications.
- Implement best practices for model versioning, testing, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) in production environments.
- Assess and calculate the value generated by machine learning processes, contributing to data-driven decision-making.
- Utilize your expertise in Python and/or R to build state-of-the-art machine learning models and algorithms.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and innovations in MLOps bringing new ideas and approaches to the team.
- Collaborate with product managers, business stakeholders, and technical teams to define and deliver the data science roadmap.
- Effectively communicate complex results and insights to non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the Data and Analytics department to drive a culture of innovation and excellence.
Skills and experience
- Experience working in a Data Science environment, with a focus on building and deploying machine learning solutions.
- Proficiency in at least one of Python or R (intermediate level in the other).
- Strong knowledge of advanced SQL, as our data warehouse is built on Amazon Redshift.
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production environments using tools like airflow, Docker, or similar.
- Extensive experience with AWS services, including but not limited to SageMaker, Lambda, S3, and EC2.
- Excellent knowledge of version control systems like git.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- An innovative mindset, always seeking new ideas and approaches to drive improvements.
- BSc and MSc in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, or a related field.
- We operate virtually. Remote, hybrid or in our tech hubs – we work in an agile environment where you can thrive.
- We offer a 10% bonus (based on company and personal performance) – when we win, so do you
- Learn from the best – at H&B you'll have the opportunity to enhance and expand your skills and shape your career
- We want you to produce your best, so we provide you with the best tech equipment
- Stay healthy with a 25% discount on all product ranges to help you live well
- We like to recognise and celebrate our people with our Colleague Recognition Scheme, so your hard work won't go unnoticed
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Our culture respects equality, values diversity and encourages individuality – because this allows our people to unlock their potential and be their best. We welcome everyone who shares our EPIC values regardless of background, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or sexual orientation.
We are a growing and pioneering business. Our diverse and EPIC teams enable us to push boundaries and accomplish the extraordinary. As we continue to transform, we need more of the brightest and best minds to join us to turn our vision into a reality.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!