Accounts Payable Assistant 12 months FTC in Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business.
Full-time, £23,000 - £25,000
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Accounts Payable Assistant
Hybrid 2 days Handforth, 3 days WFH
About the role:
You will manage the end-to-end Accounts Payable function, manage your time and workload to achieve meeting deadlines, paying your vendors on time and to term. You will strive to maintain best practice continually always and to ensure controls are adhered to, to minimize risk to the business. You will demonstrate an ability to react quickly to situations and deliver at pace, whilst ensuring business critical situations are prevented. Should a business-critical situation become imminent you will ensure priority is given to report and escalate the matter to your line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate will have Accounts Payable experience working within a high-volume, fast-paced environment so adaptable to change and able to prioritize tasks accordingly.
The candidate should have some knowledge of retail and experience of working within a shared-service environment.
This is a busy process-driven role demanding accuracy and diligence. You will personally drive to be the best and seek out all development opportunities available to you.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of the end-to-end accounts payable process for the vendors assigned to you.
- Establish and build strong relationships both internal and external to ensure excellent levels of communication.
- Ensure the accurate entry of invoices and credit notes in the agreed SLA times to ensure vendors are paid to term within SAP ECC environment.
- Follow Discount Vendor process to ensure discounts are taken correctly.
- Monitor and ensure parked invoices are released to meet supplier terms for payment on time. Ensuring no recurrent issues.
- Participate in Projects to drive change and efficiencies, including automation of invoices, purchase ledger workshops.
- Adhere to SLA’s set to ensure productivity is optimised and the best customer service is achieved.
- Complete statement reconciliations and resolve reconciling items to ensure accounts are paid on time, preventing accounts from going on stop.
- Continually review and report recurrent issues that cause inefficiencies or jeopardise vendors being paid on time.
- Ensure Queries and overdue accounts are managed and resolved quickly as to prevent business critical situations, escalating in accordance with SLA’s.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- SAP ECC experience is not essential but experience of a similar system would be an advantage
- Purchase Order matching and related query resolution
- Ability to work independently and part of a large team to support other colleagues.
- Prioritise and manage your workload to achieve best results.
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours we want to hear from you.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 25-01-2024
Expiry Date: 13-02-2024
- Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!