Group Estates Manager in London
The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business.
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Remote working
Geographical area: West off the M1, East Midlands, West London & Essex
Pets at Home has over 450 Pets at Home stores together with over 400 Vets 4 Pets Vet practices throughout the UK with plans for continued expansion. Reporting into the Group Property Director you will be responsible for the day-to-day management function of our trading portfolio and non-trading portfolio within a defined geographical area (South/Western Region), ensuring that estate management decisions are business focussed.
- Developing a detailed knowledge of the retail warehouse/retail sector
- Negotiating rent reviews of both trading and non trading properties within the Northern/Eastern Region (to include liaising with agents where appropriate) in a pro active manner. To ensure settlements are reached expeditiously having regard to market conditions
- Progressing lease renewals through the legal process and negotiating new lease based on business requirements and market conditions.
- Identifying asset management opportunities in the portfolio to ensure we optimise the property portfolio and ensure the long term future of the portfolio
- Liaising with external rating and service charge consultants where necessary.
- Dealing with Landlord and Tenant issues to include dealing with Deeds of Variation. License Agreements, dilapidations and day to day estate management issues.
- Maintain and establish appropriate contacts within the property industry
- Planning issues
- Assisting with rent, rates, service charge and Insurance administration when appropriate
- Assisting the maintenance of the department’s computer records.
- Preparation of budget figures
- You will possess estates management experience.
- Experience of managing 150 + property portfolio
- ideally gained within a retail business, however this is not essential.
- Preferably MRICS qualified.
- You will have the ability to influence decisions and take a persuasive approach whilst being effective at problem analysis and PC literate.
Travel will be required at times hybrid working will be available. You will be entitled to a company car which comes with the role.
If you are a dynamic and experienced Estates Manager looking for a challenging yet rewarding role, we invite you to apply.
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours we want to hear from you!
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 23-01-2024
Expiry Date: 20-02-2024
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!