Postman/Postwoman in London
We're a universal postal service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK – from birthday presents to exam results. This means you’ll make a difference to people’s lives, every day.
Date: 25 Jan 2024
Location: Pickering, GB, YO18 7AG
Company: Royal Mail Group
Delivery Postie with Driving
Job reference: 306657
Location: Pickering Delivery Office, YO18 7AG. Sunday working at Malton Delivery office.
Job type: Permanent contract
Hours: 30.00 minimum hours per week, working 5 days across Mon-Sun, working between Between 07:00 and 90:00 and Between 13:00 and 15:00
Due to operational demand, please note you will be required to work Saturday and Sunday.
There has never been a more exciting time to join us! We are reinventing Royal Mail for the future and now is a perfect time to join us on that journey.
Each year, we make billions of deliveries possible. Whatever the weather, come rain or shine, we show up. Because for us, it’s personal. For every person, from every walk of life, we deliver. From exam results and tax returns, to wedding invites or online purchases. You could be part of it. Part of the fabric of the nation, bringing trust to the doorstep. A Postie. Delivering for your local community, because you care about the people. The excited faces that open front doors and the small businesses run from bedrooms. It’s a physical job – but it keeps you fit. Interested? Join us and make a difference to the place you call home.
A bit about you
• Upbeat, independent and self-motivated
• Organised, punctual and ready to deliver great customer service
• Think of yourself as a people-person and a friendly face in the community
• Happy walking for long periods and working outside in any weather
• Has a strong sense of community and takes pride in what you do
• Has a full UK manual driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
What we do for you
To deliver on our ambition we want the best and that’s why we’re delighted to offer market leading pay and benefits for our sector. For bringing your best and serving our customers with pride, you can expect to receive:
• Pay that’s 10% above the market average in our sector, paid monthly with an hourly rate of £12.29p/hr / £14.58p/hr (London)
• Overtime 1.25x the normal hourly rate
• 22.5 days holiday, rising with length of service (pro-rata)
• As of the 4th September 2023 Royal Mail will move to Seasonal Hours, this will mean your working hours will fluctuate depending on seasonal peaks
• Contributory pension scheme
• Lots of opportunity to develop a career
• Full uniform provided if you’re on a contract of longer than three months
• Excellent parental leave policy
• Various discounts including high street vouchers, travel and attraction discounts, and savings on beauty products and gym membership
Time to apply
Ready to become a Postie and deliver for the people in your local community? Hit the apply button now. If your application is successful, we’ll invite you to a suitability discussion.
We may contact you within 24hrs of your application, and if successful you will be required to provide your Right to Work documents immediately, please have these prepared. Please click , which will take you to the Information Checklist which lists the acceptable documents. As well as the Health Matrix as this provides details of health-related elements you may need to consider.
Please ensure your contact details are up to date when submitting your application.
Royal Mail are proud of our diverse employee network groups and the active role they play to support belonging and encourage a positive work environment. We are firmly committed to inclusion and passionate about our people representing the communities we serve.
We are happy to support your need for any adjustments during the application and hiring process. Please share the details within your application if required.
For more information on Royal Mail Group and our values please click here:
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Logistics jobs
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!