Graduate / Trainee Financial Services Analyst in Darlington
Ever wondered what happens in finance, how you can get into it and what you need to have a great, rewarding career? You could join our ever-growing team at The Verve Group and have the opportunity to learn the foundations needed to springboard you into a range of rewarding careers with us, in the finance sector. These include but are not limited to paraplanning, regulation, technical research, investment propositions and more.
What are you going to do:
We always start with learning the basics first – it’s the best foundation for success. This involves getting some training on the background of finance and learning all about the billion-pound finance sector and the importance of people receiving sound financial advice.
After some theoretical learning and practice work, you’ll move onto working on real life client cases, getting to grips with the administration that's involved behind the scenes of any piece of advice, alongside learning the ins and outs of a range of financial products, like pensions, ISAs, and general investments.
Within three months we are confident we can provide you with a strong foundation of theoretical knowledge combined with practical work to provide you with a stepping stone into one of our more technical areas of expertise.
At this point we will reassess your skills and work to that point and align your natural acumen with one of the technical positions available. This may be in paraplanning, compliance or any number of other technical roles.
You can then spend a further three months in that role, expanding your expertise and cementing your knowledge, for the remainder of your 6-month probationary period.
If you successfully complete your probation, you’ll then be incorporated fully into Verve and have access to all of the benefits this brings.
At this stage, we will work with you to agree your own personal development programme for the rest of the year, with the expectation you’ll likely continue your education with financial services specific qualifications (all fully paid for and supported by us!)
About The Verve Group
The Verve Group offers a range of outsourced support services to financial advisers and planners. We have two key missions; to help support good quality financial advice firms to grow and develop, and secondly, to attract new people into financial services and help train them up, for the good of the future of finance (just like this role!).
We approach financial services with a fun and positive outlook and offer a range of benefits to permanent employees to ensure our team feel supported and motivated. We reward loyalty and offer enhanced benefits to long-service employees, but as standard (once you’ve successfully completed your 6 month probation) these include…
What we offer:
- 21 days basic holiday allowance (increasing 1 day per year for each year’s service, to a max of 26 days); plus bank holidays; plus Christmas close-down and your birthday off if it falls on a weekday.
- Death in service cover
- Personal development budget (for exams, training, anything to help you excel!)
- Personalised salary structure to reflect your own effort and contribution
- Hybrid working with the ability to work from home (on completion of training, relevant to role and dependant on experience)
- Access to lifestyle benefits such as meditation app, highstreet discount and rewards app and financial wellbeing platform.
- Additional legacy benefits such as an EMI scheme, to allow you to hold shares and be part of the value we are building together, and enhanced maternity and paternity leave available after a qualifying period.
What we ask:
- At least finished university degree (Higher level education)
- 6-month probationary period
- Showcases a keen interest in learning about the finance sector
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY 4th FEB (MIDNIGHT)
NOTE IF YOUR APPLICATION IS SUCCESSFUL, YOU'LL BE INVITED TO ATTEND A GROUP ASSESSMENT DAY ON THURSDAY 15th FEB.
If you are not able to make this date, please still apply if you would like to be considered for our next assessment day.
"What makes us different" benefits
- Dress code? Not here! We want you to be yourself and comfortable - but maybe no pyjamas please!
- Being part of a company with a higher purpose and strong values.
- Health and wellbeing programme and initiatives
- Office snacks and refreshments
- Open plan ‘living office’ environment – including rocking (or sometimes dubious) playlists, beer/wine fridge, breakout lounge, breakfast club, ping pong table.
- 2 official annual company parties, plus ad hoc team nights out and monthly enrichment sessions
- Office dogs welcome!
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 38 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs, Full-time jobs, Temporary full-time jobs, Work-from-home jobs
- Salary indication
- £22,500 Per Year
- Responsible for
- Paraplanning, regulation, technical research, investment propositions and more.
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!