Take to the skies with a job at British Airways
Looking for a career at British Airways? From engineering to stewarding, there are plenty of British Airways jobs to choose from. Apply today!
What are you going to do:
Whether you want to take to the skies or use your skills close to home, a career with British Airways is one you won’t regret. Plus, the sky is certainly not the limit when it comes to career growth and development – there will always be higher positions or challenges for you to achieve. If you’re eager to learn more about jobs at British Airways, read on!
Cabin crew jobs at British Airways are by far the most popular. As a BA cabin crew member, your job is to make sure that passengers feel comfortable and safe during their flight. Although it has its challenges, you’ll be rewarded with opportunities to explore new destinations, be treated to free accommodation, and receive attractive travel concessions. There are several other British Airways vacancies available including logistics staff, engineers, and tech support. There are also administrative roles in areas such as finance, human resources, and IT.
Depending on the position applied for, requirements can include having a college degree or extensive experience in your chosen field. British Airways cabin crew requirements are quite extensive. For example, you must be between 5’2” (1.575m) and 6’2” (1.87m) tall, have no visible tattoos or piercings, and be medically and physically fit to meet regulatory and role requirements. In addition to these competencies, all candidates must pass rigorous screening tests and possess various skills, such as emotional resilience, effective communication, and confident decision-making in order to be considered for any British Airways job.
The working hours at British Airways depend on the particular job being taken up. Cabin crew and pilots may need to work long shifts that involve overnight stays away from home while a customer service representative may typically work a standard 9-5 job with regular breaks throughout their shift. Salaries also vary widely depending on the job title, but generally speaking, entry-level vacancies at British Airways tend to start at around £20k per annum with some senior positions reaching upwards of £50k annually.
To sum up, working for British Airways is ideal for those looking to develop their skills in travel and aviation industry roles. Requirements include passing rigorous tests as well as possessing relevant qualifications or experience depending on the job title being applied for. Those who take up a job with British Airways can expect excellent employee benefits that match their level of expertise, coupled with exciting opportunities for personal growth within a leading global airline brand.
What we offer:
- A job with a leading global airline brand
- Valuable work experience to give your career a boost
- Plenty of opportunities for growth and development
- Helpful trainings and resources to learn new skills
- A close-knit team of colleagues passionate about travel
- Flexible hours and employee benefits
What we ask:
- At least finished high school
- Relevant work experience and education (job dependant)
- A willingness to learn from your mistakes
- An ambitious and motivated attitude
- Good communication and time management skills
- A passion for the British Airways mission and vision
Looking for a British Airways job at Heathrow or Gatwick? If your location is filled out in your profile, we can match you to jobs in your area. If you want to take the initiative and explore vacancies near you, head over to all our jobs by location.
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, University, Other
- Working hours per week
- 8 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs, Full-time jobs, Placements, Work-from-home jobs
- Salary indication
- Between £15.00 and £30.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Serving customers during their flight, loading and unloading cargo into the aeroplane, or hiring new talent, depending on the role.
- Published at
- Profession type
- Customer Service, Engineering
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!