Find your career at WHSmith with our job vacancy
Looking for a career with WHSmith, one of the biggest UK brands? Send your application for a job with WHSmith with YoungCapital.
What are you going to do:
Being one of the top names in international bookselling, it’s no surprise that employment at WHSmith is hugely sought after. The retail aspect of the business is huge, and shop assistant and cashier jobs at WHSmith are always popping up.
The duties and responsibilities aren’t too complex, so you can easily take one on if you’re lacking in experience. You’ll be tasked with helping customers find what they’re looking for, and giving them suitable recommendations. It’ll also be your job to check them out at the tills, and make sure they have an overall pleasant shopping experience. Not a fan of retail work? Not to worry, there are plenty of behind-the-scenes alternatives.
You might be asking what kind of benefits there are to employment at WHSmith. Other than a fun place to work, you can expect perks like employee discounts on products and medical insurance schemes. That goes for employees in both full-time and part-time jobs at WHSmith.
Speaking of, you’ll be able to work at times that suit you, thanks to the flexible working hours on offer. Seasonal jobs, where you’ll help manage increased demand in-store, are particularly popular with those looking for part-time work. If you need a full-time position but still value flexibility and freedom, you could land yourself a work-from-home job doing administrative tasks. No need to wonder ‘is there a WHSmith job near me’ if you can do it from your own sofa!
What we offer:
- Working for a top UK brand that operates internationally
- Varied roles for different areas of interest
- Opportunities to grow and build your experience
- Variety in hours and working location (role-dependent)
- A diverse and inclusive workplace
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- Qualifications of varying degrees (role-dependent)
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Customer-lead approach to working
- Enthusiasm and interest in books and retail
Ready for your next chapter in a career with WHSmith? Don’t delay any further. Apply to this WHSmith job vacancy and you’ll be working away before you know it.
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, University, Other
- Working hours per week
- 8 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs, Evening jobs, Weekend jobs, Summer / seasonal jobs, Temporary full-time jobs
- Salary indication
- Between £10.00 and £25.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Working on the shop floor helping customers, organising and shipping stock, working on the business side of things in a support role.
- Published at
- Profession type
- Logistics jobs, Retail
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!